A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 121

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

[GT]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 122

Beatrice

and a hug to Blues from me an' all!

Hyp those emeralds sound absolutely wonderful!

Teuchter, glad Mum's out of hospital smiley - hug


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 123

Todaymueller

Blimey was it a year ago we were at the zoo ? Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 124

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*huffs and puffs through the door, sits down in corner, by the potted palm*

Later than usual, even. I do hope someone else is later, as blue mohair doesn't suit me at all.

*trudges back to read the backlog*


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 125

Taff Agent of kaos

evening all

smiley - bat


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 126

Todaymueller

Evening Taff.
I like our Parliment. The opposition parties sitting just out of sword reach face to face. Far more entertaining than most, if not any other parliment in the world. And although its far from perfect, it works.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 127

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Happy belated birthday, Hyp! I'm glad it was a good one. smiley - bubbly

Teuchter, I hope your mother does well, now that she's home again. smiley - cheerup

About that election: I'm sort of glad to hear that people had to be turned away -- I had heard some folks being interviewed on BBC World news, a few days ago, and was dismayed at how many said they didn't think they'd be vobbling this time around. Hopefully, some consensus can be reached with the winners. I'm also wishing we had a viable third party here. The numbers of Libertarians are increasing, and the Independents have some seats in the House and one in the Senate, so who knows?


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 128

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 129

Rosemary - reincarnated courtesy of BBCiD

Those sound lovely presents Hyp.

Teutcher, smiley - cheerup for you and your mother.

I have just been making Granny in Law's 90th birthday card for her party tomorrow. It is actually quite hard to find one in the shops for that particular milestone.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 130

Eatsmice

"About that election: I'm sort of glad to hear that people had to be turned away". Kinda odd statement SC. Here's us risking our forces half way round the World so that people can taste democracy properly, yet we put up obstacles to our own vobblers. We offer millions of pounds to achieve it but scrimp a few quid in our own land.
Cor blimey, don't we do well!

Hope things improve for you Teuchter. smiley - goodluck and hope are offered in equal measure if required.

smiley - cat


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 131

FG

Fag end of the day--and my brain. Five minutes until I go home. And when I get there, I'm going to bed. Oy, what a day. smiley - ill

And I think SC meant it's good to see people excited about voting, excited about an election, even if the local authorities screwed up at the polling places.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 132

Todaymueller

There is a lot to be said for turning up at a polling station . Being given a piece of paper with names on it and putting an X next to one of them and poking it into a sealed box . Its easy to understand, devastatingly low tech and has stood the test of time.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 133

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

What's happening now readfs like a good Trollope novel.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 134

Todaymueller

I was working with a Nepalese fella the other night and the subject of the election cropped up. He commented on how peacfull and relaxed everything was compared to other places he had lived. I suppose we take it for granted. In many countries elections are accompanied by violence, corruption and intimidation.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 135

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I suppose we are pretty lucky to have peaceful elections.


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 136

Eatsmice

smiley - sadface at the cost of the iPads in the UK. Want one, want one. But the prices are a bit steep.

Sun trying to break through the overcast this morning.

smiley - cat


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 137

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sweden isn't even among the countries first in line to sell iPad - that's a bit odd, considering how well iPhones sold here, and also considering that when it comes to having access to the Internet, Sweden is among the top 5 countries (in percentage).


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 138

Bagpuss

[Bagpuss]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 139

Phil

[p]


100Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 140

Mrs Zen

*nervously googles for prices of iPads*

I've promised myself an iPad for when I've completed the triple whammy of being paid to leave t'Bank, have sold the house, and have got a new job.

I am very tired indeed. Slept very badly last night after staying up till silly-o-clock the night before; my head is full of cold and I could cough for Britain. Silly, because my chest is fine, it's a tickly throat.

I may have done the 5 hour drive back to West Yorks for nothing. The drains saga continues and I came down to meet the new contractors and let them do an assessment. However my neighbours are now playing silly-buggers and won't let us onto their land. They are calling in the environmental health (fairy nuff) and I worry about the logistics of getting all four interested groups in the same place at the same time.

I'll get my solicitor to check what easements we've got, if any, over their land for the purposes of drainage, but I didn't want to provoke them today by telling them that they may not be able to prevent us going on there.

But I could have stayed in bloody Scotland if I'd known about it sooner.

When the contractors have been I'll go to bed.

I'm worried about this MSc assignment, but the best I can do is the best I can do.

Ben

smiley - gift for Hypatia - it is a single brilliant idea that executes beautifully with no hitches, side-effects or ramifications at all. Use it wisely, it worries me that the only control on it appears to be russet, er, teractotta, um, old gold. Definitely not orange though.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more