A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 141

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

[GT]


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 142

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

*shows ignorance*

I'd never heard of kibitzing. Now I know what to say my eldest when he tries to tell us how to play a video game he's never seen/played before. smiley - ta


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 143

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Kibitzing," definitely a more creative term than "peanut gallery!"

Does anyone have any concrete advice on taming a bedeviled smiley - blackcat? My sweet little Rocket has become the very devil, lately. He even tried to p*ss on my purse!!!smiley - yikes


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 144

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[lil]


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 145

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Only one thing to do in that situation SpaceCadette...

Get him to the Vet, and get him snipped.....

Believe me; it will only get worse if you do not!!!!

smiley - smiley
GT


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 146

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Holy carp. Health care passed! As a friend of mine posted on FB: Hello USA! Germany says, Welcome to 1883. UK says, Welcome to 1911. France says, Welcome to 1930. Aust? 1975.

I just got home from seeing 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' -- I am half in love with Noomi Rapace. Dang. That was GOOD!!!


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 147

Mrs Zen

Morning everyone.

Had a very pleasant and normal weekend - no painting or decorating (though lots of guilt about it) - friends to stay and we went to a gig (Chumbawumba, since you asked) - and then we went out for afternoon tea and a walk by the canal with some other friends who were driving through the village as we were walking to the car.

Another day another dolour. I find out on Wednesday I think, whether or not the bank will pay me to go away or whether they'll give me a boring job I really do not want to do.

Ben


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 148

Titania (gone for lunch)

Yesterday we had a snowstorm, and it was cold enough for the snow to remain on the ground *sulks*

But this morning is clear and sunny with temperatures above freezing already when I left home at 7.30, yay!

Meltmeltmeltmeltmeltmeltmeltmelt smiley - zen

In Sweden, we've had general health insurance since 1955, but long before that there were guild specific insurances as far back as the 16th century.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 149

Phil

Other than the mouse droppings that is a good weekend FG smiley - smiley
How were Chumbawamba Ben? I'd like to see them again. Must check if they're on the list for any of the music festivals we might go to.

What a difference a day makes. Saturday, damp, wet and not too good. Sunday bright sunny and spring like, just as well as we're now past the equinox and the sun has swung back to northern hemisphere.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 150

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oooo, a company that makes steampunk jewellry:
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.131682314.jpg


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 151

Mrs Zen

They were great and they were supported by a couple of really talented singers, ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-June-OHooley-Tidow/dp/B003334SK4 ) but the venue was against them. Definitely more a place for String Quartets than for anarchist folk. The audience were really hard work.

Ben


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 152

Santragenius V

I officially declare the local meltmeltmeltmelt campaign a success smiley - zen But, learning from the failure of a certain president, I will not declare mission accomplished. I've just spotted night frosts in and snow-like symbols in the week-long weather forecast...


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 153

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh, and I think Noomi Rapace looks *exactly* the way I pictured Lisbeth Salander when I read the books, and that's rather rare:
http://waspwords.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/lisbeth-salander.jpg


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 154

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog]


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 155

Mrs Zen

d'E - is it my imagination or is it a while since you've been here?

B


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 156

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Meaningful conversations are great. S and I have them reasonably frequently, mostly due to the fact some of my meds make me feel more smiley - sadface than I would normally be (he has known me long enough to know I'm normally a very smiley - biggrinsmiley - silly person) and felling decidedly meh a lot of the time doesn't help my mood much.

I love the deep meaningfulness here too, I feel bad i don't often get to join in these days, uni and my general wellbeing are taking precidence for the time being. Plus I NEED to find me a job over the summer or I am somewhat scuppered. I have to pass first year too seeing as we have resigned the lease on our flat for another year.

Just when *did* I become an adult who has to worry about rent and bills and money for food and clothes and about making sure I stay on the same page as my significant other?

minismiley - mouse


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 157

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 158

Pedros_Ecosse - I always look this confused! :)

Morning GDZ how are you today?smiley - smiley


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 159

Z

Not heard of Kibitzing either - but a nice word. May use it later.

This is a day - pre - nights. Which means I go to work at 9pm. Which means today I have a cast iron excuse not to do anything too exerting. Sleeping 12 hours yesterday was a good start though. When it stops raining I'm going to clean the rubbish out of my car. I might have another snooze later!

I agree that for me deeper conversations lead to deeper friendships. I do find people who can't have deep conversations rather boring, and I probably wouldn't choose to spend time with them.

When I was a child I worried about money and buying food, but my parents had control of it. Now I have control myself and do a far better job!


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 160

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

My best friends are people I can have deep and meaningful and random pointless conversations with, preferably at almost the same time!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more