A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Ace of Wands - I've got the theme music in my head now.

I really enjoyed Timeslip as well, used to own a book based on the series.

Enjoy the geek-fest, Kerr.

Ag, enjoy your jollies and Santra, have an excellent camp.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Just had a lovely, sunny, mostly down hill with the wind behind me cycle to gymtots with the boys in the trailer happily chatting to me all the way there. And then a hellish, mostly uphill with the wind driving rain into my face cycle back from gymtots with two tired boys shrieking and wailing most of the way home. Ho hum. At least it was good for my thighs but now have serious helmet-hair.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

FG

I'm off for a weekend of camping today, too. Well, not really camping. I've got a Forest Service ranger station cabin (Built in 1916!) up in the mountains rented for the weekend. Not a lot of snow in the area, but I'm sure it will still be smiley - brr. See everyone Monday!


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Titania (gone for lunch)

Have a nice trip, Ag, Santra and FG!

Awful Library Books asked librarians to share donation stories. Here's one:
'We had a patron who took it personally when we graciously declined to add a pile of illegally burned Christian Rock CDs. He claimed that we were anti-Christian. We explained that we were just anti-piracy and would be happy to consider the originals. He said, “But those are MINE. I’m not giving THOSE away.”


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Mrs Zen

Thou shall not steal?


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Hypatia

Helmet hair! smiley - yikessmiley - silly

The oddest donation we've ever had was a pickup truck. We found the title in the book drop and the truck on the parking lot. This was about 5 years ago, right after we'd renovated. It would have been a good candidate for an ugly truck contest. It was definitely not safe to drive. Would have cost a fortune to get it running and lisenced. We sold it for scrap.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Mrs Zen

Were the renovations really 5 years ago?

Blimey.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Hypatia

Make that licensed. smiley - erm

Yep. We moved out and into the temporary facility in late August of 2003. The renovation took 14 months. We moved back in in January 0f 2005 and reopened in February. I moved an entire library twice in 14 months. And buried a husband. Not a period of my life I'd care to repeat.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Hypatia

Looking at the time line, I guess I moved twice in 16 months. Each move took about a month since we didn't have any professional movers to help. We were too broke for that. We did it all ourselves.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Phil

Thankfully we all know that you gave F a good send off and didn't have him put under a boulder out front. That space should have been reserved for some one else causing you a whole load of problems at the time smiley - hug


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Hypatia

It's a fair sized boulder. smiley - laugh Hard to move. I'm not saying what's under it.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I remember that boulder. I remember what Bob the Gardener wanted to put under it. Or should I say, who he wanted to put under it...

Or should that be 'whom'?


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

lostmonalisa

lml


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Here's proof of why the Atelier is good for you:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/17/talk-deeply-be-happy/?src=me&ref=general


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Bluebottle

It's my son's 2nd birthday tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to being responsible and playing with all his toys to ensure that, erm, they are safe and suitable for him...

<BB<


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Hypatia

Does this mean we can't talk about the weather any more? smiley - silly Speaking of which, it is an absolutely glorious day. Near 70ºF and sunshine. It is supposed to be half that temperature tomorrow with a chance of snow.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Hypatia

I didn't see you there, BB. smiley - biggrin I hope you have a fun day celebrating his birthday. smiley - cupcake


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You can't be too careful about those toys, Bluebottle...

If we didn't talk about the weather, these conversations would shrink dramatically. smiley - silly I have a touch of sunburn from being out in the sun so long yesterday.


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Weather? Is that the blizzard like conditions that I braved on the drive in to the office or the sunny skies I see out of my downtown window?


9FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I missed that weather as I was able to sleep in today. Good almost afternoon all.


Key: Complain about this post