A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1401

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Never knew there was a song about bathing, but I rather like it. And good thing it doesn't sound like Freddy Mercury, as his voice gives me the willies.

Salve, A! If you'd like, you can chuck the whole England thing and just move in with me and be my latin tutor for a bit!

Hoovering still not done, even though the power is on. My mum is buying me one of those fancy self-hoovers for Christmas this year, as she knows how little I like the task.

Only 5 more hours, and then I shall be free of the ex. I am thinking that this evening should be a party.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1402

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

MR, is this power outage a regular thing? Has California still not sorted its energy problems? We haven't had much reported about it over here recently.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1403

Z

smiley - ta MR, I just told him, and he seems quite excited, smiley - winkeye and says hi back.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1404

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1405

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1406

FG

For once, I agree with Amy! ::drumroll:: smiley - winkeye The Hague better get Milosevic's trial just right or else every other nutter out there will tie up the international court system for years. His trial is already promising to be quite the show.

::cleans up the plunger and the toilet roll she threw around the Atelier, before Lil notices::

Some days, I feel like that owl looks.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1407

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Someone agrees with me?


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1408

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

An update for Zeppo smiley - dog on the case of the people sewing drugs into labradors: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3618752.stm


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1409

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Lil whizzes happily into the salon, on broadband, only seconds after the loo roll disappears*

My tech support chappie made a couple of mistakes. I think he'd been out late the night before cos he said he'd had a nap during his lunch hour! But, after just 5 hours of work (after 14 hours in limbo as already described) we sorted it all out and now I'm a happy entity. smiley - ok

Welcome to the atelier, Aesclepius! I think that's the proper spelling; I don't like to see that 'schlep' in the middle of it. smiley - silly Anyhow, if Z hasn't already shown you, do check A304354 and the link on that page that will take you to the floor plan so you'll know where the bathrooms are, specifically the one from whence all that singing is coming from. smiley - musicalnote


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1410

Witty Moniker

Glad to here you have the connection problem sorted, Lil.

I'll do the scribing for the next thread if no one else is in the queue, yet.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1411

Hypatia

I'm usually a good cook, but I just made a meat loaf with ground lamb that was absolutely disgusting. smiley - illAnnie smiley - dog wouldn't even eat it. I'll put it outside for the opossums.

Now I'm hungry. smiley - erm *looks around for a cinnamon bun to get the taste of lambloaf out of her mouth* Any more upside down cake?


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1412

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Amy, the main power cable in the neighborhood hasn't been upgraded since it was put in in the late 1960s, so the short outages are to replace it in sections. Better than losing a whole fridge of food!

Oh, and the most amazing thing has happened. Remember Bagheera, our black smiley - cat whom we thought we'd lost to the coyotes? Well, who should come strolling into the house yesterday but him! He's a bit worse for wear, having been gone for 10 months, and a bit put out (okay, A LOT put out) that we've gone and gotten Oxy and Panda, but he's HOME!!!


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1413

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Zeppo slinking AWAY from the bath? This really must be a blue phlog flashback, this is all backwards. OK everyone, stay at least 5 feet away from Zeppo at all times, and try not to think about squirrels or ducks.

I'm glad you have Bagheera back, MR. Any idea of where he has been all that time?

My currency calculator says today's exchange is 1.8 bucks to the quid.

/* The sound of quacking joins the singing from the bathroom */


Uh oh. Zeppo, bad god! That better not be a duck in Ben's bath.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1414

Hypatia

Bagheera is back? That's amazing. smiley - biggrin He must have been kittynapped and held against his will all this time. That is just absolutely wonderful news.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1415

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Bagheera is back! smiley - wow Glad to hear it!

The Mother Cat Who Is Going Mad was just outside the cat door of my house. She has three wonderful, glossy, happy kittens who are roving further and further abroad and she is worrying herself into skin and bones, meowing constantly, trying to follow them everywhere... and attacking anyone (except humans) who comes near the kittens. or who she even thinks MIGHT come near her babies. Cats and dogs both.

So when the kittens come strolling down through my side of the hedge, woe betide Vinnie and Limbo. Not a single animal is getting any peace. Vinnie has a chunk out of the back of his ear and possibly a scratched cornea.

Suggestions, anyone?


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1416

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Talked to the ex tonight, she's been wanting our son to move in with her. I explained to her that his doctor said he is likely still adjusting to our seperation and divorce and that I do not think it is a good idea for him to be uprooted again this soon. It is amazing how keeping calm allows you to control the flow of the conversation, if I had not done so, I would not have been able to convince her that what she wanted was not in his best interest.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1417

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Bagheera is back??!? Outstanding! I really liked that cat both times I visted you! It's just another reason why I need to get to Southern California soon!


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1418

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Check him out to see if he's had any surgeries while he's away... Bagheera may own several people, all of who think that he's *their* cat.

Speaking of Freddie Mercury, the country of Iran just recently allowed Queen to be played in their country. Which is kinda funny, considering that 1) homosexuality is banned in Iran 2) Rock music is banned in Iran. Mercury was Iranian, which makes sense - I always wondered where he was from.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1419

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Took him to the vet today. Other than a bad case of earmites, he's quite well, if a bit on the thin side. The vet thinks that someone probably had him for most of the time, but that he finally ran away and came home. He said that what we thought were wounds all over his hindquarters were actually rabbit fur stuck to pine sap (I kept smelling pine trees, but couldn't tell why!). There's a fairly large stand of pines about 2 miles from here, so it looks like he's been living there for a bit...the vet thinks about a month, since he's not gone completely feral yet.

What's funny is watching Panda, the scaredy smiley - cat, get all tough and try to growl and hiss. He's having a tough row of it.

And oh, yes.

THE EX IS GONE, GONE, GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry for the shouting, but I can't stop smiling...YIPPEE)


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1420

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Whoo-hoo!

Now, change all the locks.

smiley - biggrin Are your cats outside goers, or do you have a box? I remember my male cat having a problem going in the same box with the female cat...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more