A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 561

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Shrub just needs to go. I prefer Clark to the others but will settle for anyone not shrub.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 562

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I think Clark has a good chance, actually. A man who spent that long in the military, with that kind of record? Shrub's 2 years of AWOL Air Force Reserves duty could hurt him there.

There's just something about Kerry and Edwards that creeps me out. Maybe it's their hair. Perfectly coiffed men rankle me.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 563

Coniraya

{[caer]} watching the snow fall smiley - smiley


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 564

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Yet again i will have no real voice int eh election as I will not be voting for teh shrub. It will make no difference who I vote for as the GOP will carry the day as usual in Utah.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 565

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Not an American, but a keen (professional) observer - I think Kerry has the best chance to beat Bush at the momement as he is a conservative, centerist democrat with an excellent track record and lots of experience. He isn't that charismatic or dynamic a speaker but the only objections Democrats are going to raise (voting for Iraq war, limited conservatism, wealthy background and Yale education) all go double for Bush. I think he has the best chance to pick up the centerist undecided vote. Can you picture him in a debate with Bush if military service comes up?
"Say Mr. President, while I was earning my silver and bronze star commanding river patrol boats in the jungle delta of Vietnam and later when I was organizing vietnam vets to protest the war, what were you doing?"
Of course Clark has the same advantage, but no electoral experience.
They could make a good double ticket.
I like Dean, but I don't think he can beat Bush.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 566

LOOPYBOOPY

Well MR since I shower or wash but once a month and generally smell of turpentine and baby wipe fluid (cheaper than hand cleanser)..what can I say. My regular attire is an XXXL coverall in fern green, a "pork pie tweed" hat or woolly ice hockey hat and brown Doc Marten's boots.

I'm trying to loose weight and it is hard. I put it down to hormonal changes, something happens to men at 50. Something changes. My guess is most of the men who post here are younger...who knows?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 567

Teuchter

It's stopped snowing at the other end of the Hog's Back Caerwynn.

Heard an interesting discussion of R5 this morning - apparently the Irish County does not in fact have any Irish connections but is happy to allow people to believe that he does.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 568

Coniraya

It's stopped this end too, Teuchter. But it has thawed on the pavements and as the temperture is now 0.7ÂșC, they will be treacherous in themorning.

I bet the US doesn't get as much news on our elections as we do on yours. It is front page news here, or at least on some of the papers, and second story on the news, Hutton report being the first today.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 569

Demon Drawer

I was merely making reference to the Irish County's name. However his kids would have been be 57 varieties of Irish Counties, if he hadn't married his wife so mature in her menapausal cycle.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 570

Styx the Rat


Styx looking at ads on moveon dot org


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 571

Demon Drawer

*Wonders why Styx is looking to move on*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 572

LOOPYBOOPY

'Cause Styx knows when to leave a sinking ship. He's a rat!


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 573

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Kerry's background was looked into by some U.S. newspapers and it was discovered that his great-grandfather or grandfather, whom he never knew, was actually a jew from central europe (Vienna I believe) who anglicized his name when he emigrated to the U.S. Kerry was apparently unaware of this until confronted with the news.
Just a moment and I'll look for a link


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 574

FG

Ah ha! I did hear all about Lord Hutton's report this morning, NPR had a long story about it. Those of us who are interested can find news about the world in the American media. We just have to look long and hard. smiley - winkeye

I too am a Dean supporter--I like him because he's a scrapper and that's just what Shrub needs, someone who can go up against him and fight. Clark's military record is a plus, so he would make a good running mate for the veep. But I can see why Democratic voters are following their instincts. Someone else mentioned it--in debates Irish County the war hero would prune the Shrub and his record of military desertion. At this point I am starting to think all I need in a Dem candidate is the ability to severely spank Shrub in the elections.

This might be shallow, but it's not Irish County's thick coiffure that bothers me. It is those beady little eyes. Oh yeah, and the lack of spine when it came to Iraq.

Is anyone here an Al Sharpton supporter? smiley - evilgrin


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 575

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Is he even still in the race? He and Kucinich should pool their support! Commitmentphobic guys with creepy hair for president.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 576

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
[-B4-]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 577

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Harder to find a link than you might suppose. Apparently Kerry's paternal grandfather emigrated from Austria and was named Kohn. He changed his name to Kerry in 1902. Kerry is a practising Catholic (and no I don't know what he is practising for smiley - winkeye) His grandfather also apparently committed sucide. His mother's family is straight Boston Brahmin Bloodblue


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 578

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

I mean bluebloods, sometimes the in wrong the words get order I...


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 579

coelacanth

http://www.opinioncenter.com/kerry/
http://www.gazetteonline.com/iowacaucus/notes/notes1.aspx
smiley - bluefish


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 580

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*with great interest watches the ads on moveon with Styx the Rat*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more