A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 241

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Speckly, Well done! You have done good.

Children's Radar: My kids have it, they always knew when the X and I were fighting and also when we would have a fight.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 242

nadia

smiley - smiley Thanks all.
Speckly


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 243

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Good morning everyone. I'm not well but I'm a little better, thanks. My brain is still shredded wheat, though, and I don't really feel fit to talk much.

Speckly, let me add my voice to the others, you handled the call extremely well. smiley - smiley


*gets some tea and settles down in a recliner under her throw, with a book of crossword puzzles*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 244

nadia

*Puts a jam jar of early purple and white crocuses on table next to recliner.*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 245

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*is immensely cheered up* Those are beautiful! Did you get them in the forest? I haven't seen crocusses in years. smiley - ok

Matina, I believe I shall try solid food. Would you bring me some mbougatses please, with more tea?

Hypatia, on the matter of sh*t detectors, you might find Paul Ekman just the ticket. He has a method based on his research that will help you read faces and learn to perceive micro-expresions, the fleeting expression of a person's true feelings before they are able to manage them. Not only is there the book, Emotions Reveales, but you can go to a website given in the book and order CD's which contain training courses for improving your perception.

In other words, what you're wishing for is quite possible.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 246

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Crocuses in jam? Is that what lizards eat? smiley - silly Speckly, I have to add that I think you did exactly the right thing too.

Caer, do you want to trade homes? We have -9°C temperatures and a prediction of 3 days of snow, starting tomorrow. Flurries today.
smiley - dog


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 247

Toccata

MR try this link smiley - winkeye

http://www.camra.org.uk/SHWebClass.ASP?WCI=ShowDoc&DocID=2197

I remember my folks fighting now and then but they did make up too, and I remember often catching then having a smiley - hug.

The scaryist thing was when Mum turned round to me just after my divorce and said I wish I was as brave as you and could leave. smiley - yikes

I am still sure, having discussed it with her that it was a spur of the moment thing after a row, and they are happy together, but it's not something you like to hear, aven in your late 20's


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 248

Mrs Zen

The Stepson and I are out on the razzle tonight, with Z and A and a bunch of their friends. I have put on my glad-rags and am almost ready to go.

See y'all tomorrow.

B


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 249

Hypatia

I'll definitely have to read Ekman. I have so many self-important, annoying folks to deal with in local government, that I need all the help I can get.

Speckly, I forgot to say that I think you did the right thing. And referring her to an agency where she can get help is different than giving advise. So I don't know how your supervisor could fault you for it.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 250

Coniraya

It seems Brum is the place to be at weekends. H and I may have to go there for a weekender!

Have a good time Ben *waves cheerio*

Meanwhile I'm busy trying to find out how much of a problem dengue fever is on St Lucia. Loads of google sources on avoiding it, but none on the number of incidences per year.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 251

egon

{Egon}

Evvenin', just passing through...


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 252

Z

Ben I hope you got my text message earlier... See you later..

Had a nice day in Warwick with TEG (the ex girlfriend).


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 253

Courtesy38

Speckly, I too want to add that I believe you did the right thing.

Courtesy
*dealing with a pathectic lump that is pixel smiley - cat, after her surgery*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 254

logicus tracticus philosophicus

LTP sticks head round door hi all not stopping long caught up with back log

Hyp wish you best of luck,if local gov will be handy if you look at web page as will give you better indication of strenths weaknesses. Body lanquage can be very usefull to push points home,childeren tend to use to full advantage MR called it radar,

HYP watch some of archval tapes of various gov "explaining" things "nixon ect,once you,ve gened up on it ,normaly the eyes give
most away (sideways glance "lie"upward "i dont believe normaly breifest moment,) find it sometimes in checkout and i burst out laughing coz just seen for the breifest moment what someone is saying is not what they mean "oops i shouldn't told them that sort thing



66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 255

LOOPYBOOPY

I've had a message from B4. I'll come back if the majority wants me back. If not I'll keep clear.
Oetzi Oetztaller


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 256

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Actually, ltp, I think Ben called it radar, I just added my smiley - 2cents. But if we have gaydar, perhaps we should call it kiddar? (That's a very odd looking word).

Courtesy, give Pixel some extra love from me.

I do have a "how do you handle" question for you all, however. There's an eatery on campus that has a reciprocal relationship with the pub. We give them employee prices on beer, they give us employee prices on food. It works out really well, and I don't want to damage the situation. One of their managers is a guy who makes not-quite-off-color remarks to the women who work at the pub. One night he told Nat that he liked watching her wash dishes (not too much later, another bartender pointed out that her *ahem* chestal area was rather visible while she was doing dishes). And he said something to me to the effect of watching me work was like poetry in motion. Which would be a nice compliment if it wasn't said with that creepy letcher smile that made my skin crawl.

So what do I do about creepy guy so that we maintain good relations with the eatery?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 257

Hypatia

That's good advise, ltp. We have a new city administrator. He just started work Monday. He is an unknown quantity at this point.

I wonder if someone - a politician for example - could study things like that and learn how to mask his true feelings and thus trick people. Sort of like learning how to beat a polygraph.

Courtesy, please give us Pixel reports.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 258

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Caer, this is the best I could find on Dengue Fever in the Caribbean: http://www.cdc.gov/travel/diseases/dengue.htm Still no hard numbers, put they do say it is endemic and hard to predict.

MR, I think you should just confront him directly, nothing over the top, just tell him that he's making some of the women uncomfortable with his indirect comments, that people can't tell when he's using sexual innuendo or not, and that it creeps them out. Best if you have one of the guys do it, because if he's inept he may take a woman saying something like that as a come on. If it embarrasses him that's good because then he'll stop. If it provokes him in to more direct creepiness that's not good, but at least you'll have something more concrete to complain about to the eatery staff.
smiley - dog


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 259

Coniraya

Thanks for looking d'E, that was one I had come across too. I have posted on the Thorn Tree at Lonely Planet and hopefully someone from the island will spot it. H went there some years ago and came back unscathed, but I gather it is on the increase.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 260

GreyDesk

I think a far better scheme would be for *everyone* to take those detection courses, so that we know when a politician is lying to us smiley - winkeye I mean the, "his lips are moving", test is such a blunt instrument smiley - bigeyes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more