A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4201

Witty Moniker

I quite impressed myself. I got 10 out of 16 right on the art quiz. smiley - biggrin


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4202

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I just spent a good chunk of my afternoon in the lab, and I still cannot recreate the issue I am trying to.
smiley - grr
I hate being this >< close to an answer and not getting it solved.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4203

Coniraya

I got 12 out of 16, going to art galleries is beginning to pay off!


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4204

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

14 out of 16. I should have known the Duchamp and I thought the Marie Osmond thing was so bad it had to be art smiley - silly.

The feedback thread I was fretting about yesterday (ref. poodles) has turned out rather well in the end. smiley - smiley


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4205

Phil

9/16 not too bad for a philistine!


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4206

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I think they are wrong about the urinal. Didn't Marcel Duchamp display a urinal in a museum? Or was that Man Ray? One of the Dadaists, anyway.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4207

Z

Well my love life involves girl X and girl Y. On Saturday night I had a deep and meaningful with girl X in a nightclub, she's my ex girlfriend, and we both admitted that we still had feelings for eachother, but she had to move away for her career. And when we were last together she considered changing her career plans, and we considered "growing up" adulthood, living together, of course this scared her, and she decied to leave the relationship.

We are absuedly simalar, background wise, as we both grew up in minority religons, though she still believes in hers, and have simalar hobbies, interests, (we both listen to radio 4 since our teens). But she doesn't want comittment, she wants to get her career off the ground.

We agreed on all this, and decided to move on, in fact to prove that we were over each other we would both try and pull other people that night.

I was explained what had happened to my friends, whilst she wandered off, then later in the evening I made a move on girl Y. UnfortunatelyGirl X had made a move on here already, (which she'd turned down!) and she had been told the situation by my friends.

Today I rang up girl Y to apoligsie and we ended up agreeing to go out for a drink on Thurday. smiley - erm

I don't know why but I have a feeling it's only platonic!


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4208

Z

Oh and Girl Y thinks it's a sort of romantic love story, and is determined to get girl X and myself backtogether..


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4209

marvthegrate LtG KEA

My score on the art quiz was dismal... 5-16.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4210

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


That ~is~ complicated.

*heads off to the planet workshop, where a render seems to be coming together*


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4211

marvthegrate LtG KEA

It is a sad day in my world today... My teams goaltender, Patrick Roy is retiring tomorrow.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4212

Z

That's not good, but I got 11 out of 16 on the art test, should be more considering both my parents are artists really. Duchamps urinial was the other way up when exhibited


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4213

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

9/16 on the art quiz. Yeah, Lil, I was sure I'd heard about a urinal somewhere... maybe just not THAT urinal. Similarly, I thought campbell's soup labes were Warhol originals, but maybe that's just tomato...

I'm not being turned down at the job hunt, per se, but no one is getting in contact with me in response to my sending out resumes. Grr... smiley - cross

Z, that does sound complicated. I think I'll write a song: "The Ballad of X, Y, and Z." You'll have to tell me how it turns out, so that I can finish it smiley - winkeye




5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4214

Z

Well if you wait until Thursday you can here how she has no interest in me..

It would take someone hopelessly naive to agree to go out for a drink with someone who three days ago admited they were interested in you, unfortunately girl Y is hopelessly naive!


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4215

Z

Oh and as far as i know Warhol didn't design the campbells soup lables, he was just glamoursing commerical art, however he was a commerical artist.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4216

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Unwinds himself and Zeppo from the backlog */

I got 9 out of 16 too, making the same mistake as Amy. I think the whole point of the exercise is to take pictures of things that are in some way similar to a work of art, in the hopes of fooling you -- thus the urinal and the Campbell's Beef Broth.

smiley - dog


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4217

marvthegrate LtG KEA

It likely does not keep in mind that I think most art is crap. But then again I am an ignorant lout when it comes to art.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4218

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4219

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Actually, Marv, I'm betting the ironic joke behind the quiz is that art is indestinquisable from crap.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 4220

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That is quite likely. While I think that art can be expressed nearly anywhere, I also think that art does not have to be abstract to be original.


Key: Complain about this post