A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 681

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - yawn

Yep, there are lots of options... *looks out the window*

It's snowing! It's snowing!smiley - bigeyes And only -4.5 C - and just blowing a bit, not quite a snowstorm - I think I'll go for a long walk later - it's one of my favourite kind of weathers for walks!smiley - smiley


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 682

Coniraya

It's so mild here that snowdrops are blossoming already, the smiley - silly pigeons are courting and the night time temperatures are only a couple degrees lower than in the summer.

No2 son is muttering about getting a cooling box (or something sounding like) for his PC so that he can overclock it still further. I've no idea what that means, but he seems to think it is fascinating. When he boots the thing up the all the fans inside make the floorboards vibrate!

We are going to see the TT tonight, but as we booked online willhave to get there early to be sure of getting in the seats first. Our multiplex is getting a reputation for overbooking.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 683

Witty Moniker

We went to see TT last Friday and saw Harry Potter on Christmas Eve. I wish they would give you a five minute stretch period in any movie over 90 minutes long. Or at least get those massage pads installed on the seats. smiley - silly

Amy, we helped Kelsey build the roverbot and she is working her way through the programming tutorial on her own. The physical building part was hard, since we've only had Duplos before when the girls were very little. So many tiny pieces!

The family gave me HTML 4 for Dummies, so you all may be forced to look at my feeble attempts at a web page, too.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 684

Hypatia

*imagines theater seats with magic fingers* smiley - biggrin

Is it just me, or does the volume drive you crazy? I've seriously considered taking ear plugs.

About 2 years ago I took a beginning HTML course thinking I was going to have to work on the library's web page. Then my college student/jack of all trades took it over, so I never did any of it. Guess I'd better see if I can find the manual. *sighs deeply* I'm thinking there was a web site called arachnophilia that writes the html for you.

Now the college student has graduated, married and has a better job elsewhere. But she still does our web page. I'm sure she will teach me how to build one if I can find a time when neither one of us are doing anything. smiley - erm

Our snow is melting. It's supposed to be 65 here today! I do believe Mother Nature is getting senile. smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 685

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*gets a cup of tea and goes off to the library to complete her end-of-year accounting tasks*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 686

Titania (gone for lunch)

I just had a 14-year-old telling me I'm about the only person she can understand around here - I wonder what that says about me? Doesn't seem quite Yoda-like...smiley - silly


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 687

Hypatia

Wow, Ti, I'm impressed. It's nearly impossible to get a 14- year -old to understand anything! smiley - winkeye Very Yoda-like if you ask me. smiley - ok


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 688

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - laugh You might be right Hypatia - nice to see you around again, by the way!smiley - smiley


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 689

Nora - back from the Dublin meet!

smiley - hug Courtesy

I know I could have done with an intermission in the last Lord of the Rings movie - though I would have settled for massage pads! smiley - laugh

Where did you find this neat Lego stuff? I haven't touched Lego in years, but I have a friend who loves it. I was looking for something good for her, but it all looked a bit dull.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 690

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hypatia, glad to hear the other half is home and in better health!

Finally home after a grueling train ride that somehow stretched from 10 hours into 16...but home at last, and quite relaxed about it, as well.

Maybe too relaxed. I think I am off to take one of many mini-naps.

Oh, and T, one of those spams was in Latin. Well, bad latin. The first word was nonsense, really, but the second word means "and scintillating".

Probably another male member enhancement ad.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 691

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh - thanks MR - it didn't make any sense to me - I wonder how many spam-receivers understand Latin?


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 692

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I thought that bad latin was also known as French!

Funny, all this talk of Lego. I was at a friends house the other day and he pulled out his lego collection. He is 28 and still has all of it! I spent the day building a Magnetron space Fighter. I Lego. Now all my friends are threatening to buy me Lego from now on.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 693

Hypatia

smiley - cool Marv. I think we'd all be better off if we just played sometimes. If you like Lego, then do it. I'd love a train in my garden. Probably will never get one, but............it would be so much fun. smiley - smiley

I don't get spam in Latin, but I sure get a lot of it in Korean. smiley - cross And the addresses are so long that I can't get them to copy right to block them.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 694

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I tend to forward the really bad ones to my senator's office. Somehow, that seems to stop them. The latest is some sort of reply to an email I sent with an address that is one titch off a legitimate address I've used. It's for "free" porn! Gosh, just what I always wanted. I've got them all diverted to bulk right now, and away they go with a click of the mouse.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 695

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That is an interesting approach, Red. I tend to agressivly pursue spam from companies that I know will be effected in the manner that I use. I recommend that you take a look at http://www.orbz.org/ which is an organization that exsists to limit the passing of unsolicited commercial email.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 696

Witty Moniker

Nora, go to lego.com. You can browse everything they have there. There is a shop, too. Mindstorms is a product line that includes a little computer that you can build a robot around. It has an interface to the pc so you can download programs to it to make it do cool stuff.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 697

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*The pantomime cast is till arriving -- this is going to be so much fun! smiley - wow

And I got another commission in today. Can it be that my little business is actually going to float?


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 698

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Wicked cool, Lil, you go!

Nora, all discount-Marts carry the full line (or nearly so) of Legos and compatible knock-off blocks. If you aren't into mini-robotics get a set with lots of blocks and fiddly bits, it doesn't matter what the intended end product is supposed to be, no one but anal compulsives follow the directions for Lego building twice, after you build the thing you break it up and it's freeform fun forever!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 699

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - tit]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 700

Coniraya

TT was excellent in spite of the rearranging of the story and additions. We really enjoyed it.

I bought H Mindstorms about 4 years ago, but he still hasn't had time to do much with it.

His Dad has a train track in his garden and belongs to a model train club. He has a a locomotive that pulls small carriages, large enough to give rides at kid's parties and charity events. He is in the process of building another one.

Off to restock the larder and cupboards. I need a knew shopping application for my Tungsten, any suggestions? Listmaker doesn't work with the new OS.


Key: Complain about this post