A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 241

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*waves at departing Typoloofah*

Hati, you seem to be of two minds on the matter.

I feel better now. Humping wood about, sweeping the hearth, then cleaning the cooker and swabbing out the oven, that did a world of good. We can't use the automatic oven cleaner because we had to castrate the whole clock assembly. But I think I need some heavy-duty hand lotion now ...

And don't talk to me about Disneylands! For years I lived an hour down the road from what we locals used to call Profit Kingdom, and I was friends with many of "the cast" which is the official term for "minimum wage employee".


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 242

Bald Bloke

[BB]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 243

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 244

Hati

I don't know if I want to belong in EU. smiley - erm
My country wants, the government, at least wants. And I can't see a way of avoiding this process anyway. So I can as well be happy that it's over. The negotiations are over, rather.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 245

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*way more drunk than she's been in the last three years*

FG, maybe I mispoke. Nope.

Two Lochsa, two mint, two wild plum.


the room is spinning...is that a bad thing?!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 246

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Nah, that is just it's way of letting you know that it has a certain amount of control.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 247

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Oh, Marv. This is bad.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 248

marvthegrate LtG KEA

As long as you do not reach the level of debauchery that I did in my last alcohol related experiance in Sunny California, you should be ok. I was in no shape even to type so it can't be all that bad.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 249

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

It took me a full minute to type that last reply.





Oh, this is sooooo not good.

Although i did not suddenly find myself in possession of a cowboy hat.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 250

Munchkin

smiley - laugh
Hati, welcome, eventually, to the EU. Its big, lumbering, often weird as cheese and does many odd things but, in the long term, I feel it is a good thing for Europe. It looks after the poorer parts and lets us all travel around and work where we like and generally seems to be a force for good.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 251

Titania (gone for lunch)

*mumble grumble*

Still not sure I like this EU thingy...

...like restricting how bent cucumbers are allowed to be, or trying to set a minimum size for strawberries - so smiley - silly - everyone knows it's the smallest ones that taste the sweetest!

Bah! And to think that so many Swedes voted yes to a membership in EU based on the assumption that we would get more generous import rules for alcoholic tax-free beverages - well smiley - nahnah! The Swedish import rules are still more restrictive than in the other EU countries - and inside of Sweden we can still just buy them in the shops run by Systembolaget!
http://www.systembolaget.se/english/xindex.htm

Not that I mind though - their staff is very nice and well-informed and patient and willing to give advice - and I've never seen *any* shop in Europe with the same range of assortment...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 252

Hati

I don't like too much regulations, I don't like sugar getting 10 times more expensive. The costs will get higher, income stays the same. I am free to travel around EU (which I am actually atm, too) but I can't afford it. Etc. From one side it seems that things should turn better here but then, if you look closer - my life won't change much. If only, then worse. Of course there are people who like it and who's lives are more affected. Mine isn't.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 253

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Hati, that makes you a peasant, like me. We watch the politics go by but our life doesn't change much except the taxes usually get higher...

Off to post office stint and a trek to the Mighty Walmart. See you all later.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 254

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

If you can't export the small strawberries, that means you get to keep them for yourselves. See? That's a good thing for you, unless you are relying on imported strawberries.

I am amazed at MR's drunken typing skills. Not a single typo, and no shthlurring at all.
smiley - dog


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 255

Coniraya

I'm in three minds about the EU too. At least straight bananas and cucumbers fit into the veg rack better.

T, I hope your throat is better, if not 2 aspirins (if you aren't allergic etc) dissolved in a glass of water and gargled before swallowing helps. MR might need some too smiley - winkeye

I've got a cracking headache without benefit of the alcohol smiley - sadface


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 256

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have the honour of being awake at a time when I should be sleeping and at work to boot.

There should be a law keeping you from vollunteering for stupid shifts "For the good of teh team". I could be at home warm in bed nursing the hangover I deserve rather than at work bored on a Saturday.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 257

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

"I should be sleeping and at work to boot" - sounds like my kind of job. smiley - winkeye
smiley - dog


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 258

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I guess that I need to learn puncuation better. I should be sleeping.
I am awake. I am at work.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 259

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I'm awake too. And Marv, if you want my hangover, you can have it.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 260

Candi - now 42!

I'm awake too - but then it's 6pm here.... smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more