A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 201

FG

I, too, would like to see a manaical drunken wombat, driving or not.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 202

Arlecchino (school gets in the way)

smiley - smiley Finals are over, time to clean and get out of here. Happy Holidays, all, and I may even find some time to post here or read backlog when I get back from break (doubtfull).


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 203

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


Hati,

How does anyone in the severe northern latitudes NOT get S.A.D.??? I lived in Iceland for 2-1/2 years and, if I didn't turn the lights on First Thing in the Morning, my mood was pretty crappy. When the season rolled around to gaining more daylight, I'd step outside and rejoice. smiley - star "SunShiiiiinnne! WooooooHoooo!!!"

B4iwentnutssmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 204

SE

Believe me- wombats always drive angry, and they're usually drunk at the time.

Caer? Mount Killington? As in Killington, VT? If so you were a stone's drop (yes, not throw) from where I live.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 205

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*comes in for a cup of tea after a long and tiring week, too tired to say anything of significance*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 206

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]
*who just got back from visiting with MR ..... the first of many hootoo'ers I hope to meet in person*


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 207

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Just remember that at least two more will make their way to Southern California. I promised Gw7en that I would take her to see the ocean. I am jsut trying to figure out the best place to do so. I am leaning toward Ocean Beach, San Diego but am willing to listen to other venues.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 208

Courtesy38

Personally .... I say Sunset Beach CA., in between Bolsa Chica State Beach and Huntington Beach ..... probably one of the best beaches for just walking and looking at the ocean.

Courtesy


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 209

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I will def take that into consideration. I am trying to convince the friend who is going to be coming with G7 and I that we do not need to go to Dizzyland as I cannot stand Disney to begin with and I am not in to theme parks at all.

Bowling tonight was a waste. I did very poorly and I got talked into bowling next week when I had the night off (we are on a rotation, 7 men on a 5 player team).

On the layoff front. It is looking more and more likely, with further information being withheld till after the hollidays. What a way to ring in the newyear...


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 210

Hati

B4 - I never turn off the lights. smiley - winkeye
As about sunshine - the forecast says we might have some luck on sunday, with -20C though.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 211

Titania (gone for lunch)

*the Atelier lights are slowly dimmed, until it's completely dark*

*from the direction of the kitchen a light voice can be heard singing, and candle light throws flickering shadows*

*a figure dressed in what looks like a long-sleeved full-length plain white night gown appears in the doorway*

*a red silk sash is tied around her waist*

*she's wearing a wreath made from lingonberry twigs on her head, crowned with lighted candles*

*she's carrying a tray with a thermos of smiley - coffee, a thermos of home-made and gingerbread biscuits and saffron buns*

smiley - musicalnote...Sankta Luciaaaaa...smiley - musicalnote

*and she's looking something like this:*
http://www.santaworld.se/pyssel/pysbild/lucia.gif


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 212

Coniraya

*lights a tea light found in the interdim. pocket, but doesn't join in the singing as even VL sounds like a strangled smiley - sheep*

I remember watching a schools' programme about St Lucia and you look beautiful, T.

This morning got off to a dramatic start, H had just opened Cassie's smiley - cat flap and white-and-tabbly must have been lying in wait for her. Judging by the noise and lack of fur outside, she must have given as good as she got and no apparent blood drawn. However, she hasn't gone out again so far.

Poor old Zeppo, in the smiley - dog house again smiley - hug.

Sporky, we saw quite a lot of VT. Everyone was very nice wherever we went, but VT people seemed particularly welcoming. I want to go back to Ben & Jerry's heckle the tour guide now I know for certain they sold out to Unilevers smiley - winkeye


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 213

Coniraya

This spooky tale was in my paper this morning, just down the road from me:

http://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standard/article.html?in_article_id=151325&in_page_id=2


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 214

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

*just getting home from work*

Courtesy, it was lovely to meet you, and I appreciate the tip...never do it again, young man!!! smiley - winkeye

Well, I discovered tonight why Thursdays are the most-wanted shift...it was insane, I made more money in 6 hours than I've made in a week some places, and I am covered in beer.

All in all, a lovely evening.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 215

Munchkin

[Munch]
Caer, that story is well spooky. The idea that you can just disappear off the road in Surrey and no one notices. smiley - yikes Its not like the A3 is quiet or anything.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 216

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy] smiley - musicalnote*lights a little candle and joins in Titania's song* smiley - musicalnote


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 217

Titania (gone for lunch)

If you're curious about what a Lucia song might sound like, you'll find a Windows Media Player and a Real Player link at the bottom of this page, and they're titled 'Luciasång'

http://www.varbackaskolan.huddinge.se/ljud/ljud.htm


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 218

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Marv, how can you deny someone their childhood dreams? First this person's parents never brought him or her to Disneyland, and now you!?! smiley - winkeye

I thought the coast near Monterey was beautiful, and it is no where near Disney.

Can we drink the glögg yet?
smiley - dog


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 219

Titania (gone for lunch)

*stops singing*

Oh - yes - sorry...smiley - blush

*pours steaming mugs of glögg* A655562

Odd - the two dots over the letter o, making it an ö, work in the subject line in the plain skin...smiley - huh


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 220

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I can see them in any skin, T.



smiley - yikes Hey! none for you!
smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more