A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

53Xth Conversation

Post 1

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Lil is still missing so it falls to me to start this new conversation.

It is reported that Lil has escaped from the Webjello gang - led by The Celery - and fled into an abandoned Indian Village where she has fallen into a cave system and discovered that The Vegetable in the Iron Mask is also being held prisoner. Meanwhile, BeeBee the pug is having trials of her own and is in danger of being sacrificed at the altar of the Church of the True Celery.

In RL, Lil has been busy with a visit from Mike, her cyber nephew, and the entire Atkins family.

The last thread spanned two months. Sol got married smiley - bubbly, sea moved to a new apartment and Montana Redhead relocated but has not yet renamed herself SoCal Redhead.

Many salonistas have been off on vacations and trips of various kinds. Munchkin attacked a tree with a barge, Courtesy had adventures in Alaska, PWM was last seen in Phuket and Candi is still missing in Northern England assumed 'lost but happy'.

We seem to be in good health. Marv's knees are improving following an operation and I'm feeling much better thanks to acupuncture. Zeppo has expanded his diet to include cameras and tomatoes.

A nostalgic discussion of the old days of h2g2 prompted Marv to reopen the Church of the true Brownie. Other topics of conversation have included palestinian politics, stone-age villages, the World Cup, the use of Crown Lands, squirrels, driving in the USA, the weather, remakes of films, favourite movie moments and addictions to caffeine and nicotine and how to overcome them. We were about to move on to earplugs.

smiley - smiley

Amy the Ant



53Xth Conversation

Post 2

Hati

[Hati]
*checking in*


53Xth Conversation

Post 3

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Gives Hati another FTTF mug. smiley - biggrin


53Xth Conversation

Post 4

Witty Moniker

Gives Amy a hand smiley - applause for the well-done introduction.


53Xth Conversation

Post 5

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - blush *bows*

It's a big responsibility. I wouldn't want to do it too often.


53Xth Conversation

Post 6

Sol

*Admires intro* Splendid smiley - smiley


53Xth Conversation

Post 7

Coniraya

{[caer csd] Well done Amy smiley - hug!}


53Xth Conversation

Post 8

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


ΒΆ[LIL]
suspects Hati only showed up to collect the FTTF mug smiley - silly
greatly admires Amy's intro
looks forward to her own rescue so she can get stuck back into all these interesting discussions


53Xth Conversation

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - orangebutterfly]
(great intro Amy - wonderful summary!)smiley - ok


53Xth Conversation

Post 10

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Back to earplugs. The ones shown in your link could double as rawlplugs for partition walls, T smiley - winkeye. I do have some earplugs (of the more traditional kind) but I can't put them in because of the three acupuncture needles in my right ear.

Anyway, the workmen have now finished and gone, taking their angle grinder with them. Let's hope their repair doesn't sink down this time. I had to get the council in last time to avert a nasty accident (and because every passing car went clunk-clunk and it drove me mad smiley - grr).


53Xth Conversation

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh - but the plugs are much too soft for that!smiley - biggrin Sort of like very soft, bendable, flexible rubber - but the surface feels a bit different from rubber...


53Xth Conversation

Post 12

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that, T. In the picture they look as if you could hammer them into place smiley - biggrin.


53Xth Conversation

Post 13

Afgncaap5

[Affy]


53Xth Conversation

Post 14

Hati

Well, I have to admit that Lil was right about me. I am so fond of mugs IRL that I couldn't resist to post here when I noticed that I could be the first one. smiley - winkeye I have some 70 mugs in my household though 24 of them are packed and in the cellar.
And for explaining my missing from the atelier for most of the time - I am fallen in love and that keeps my mind so occupied. smiley - loveblush
But I read the blog sometimes, honest. smiley - smiley


53Xth Conversation

Post 15

Bald Bloke

[BB]


53Xth Conversation

Post 16

Garius Lupus

Actually, Amy, I don't understand the problem you have with sound. The roadwork should be far enough away that your antanae wouldn't pick it up. Those ear plugs wouldn't be much good to you either - what you need are antanae covers.

(Information on ant hearing recently gleaned from this article:
http://www.nature.com/nsu/001019/001019-1.html )

On caffeine - I used to drink one cup of coffee per day and used to get headaches every so often (roughly one per week). When I cut out caffeine, I had a headache for about 3 days, but now I almost never get headaches. Definately worth it for me.


53Xth Conversation

Post 17

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

That's a really interesting article, GL. Thank you smiley - biggrin.

*starts knitting antennae covers*


53Xth Conversation

Post 18

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Nice intro, Amy!

Although I wouldn't want anyone holding their breath on the name change....I am strictly a visitor here in SoCal. Okay, so it's a bit of an extended visit, but really, I'm planning on returning to Montana as soon as I can. Hopefully, the Medievalist at my old school will be retiring soon, and then I can just whisk right in and take his job, and thus, spend the rest of my life in Montana. Yes, indeed, that would be lovely.

I will not, however, take a job at the OTHER school in Montana. Not that I am some rah-rah fan, but I simply think the town it is in is butt-ugly!

On the subject of earplugs, while I know they look silly, I have an old (very old....they were my grandfather's) pair of ear "muffs," although really, they're more like protective shells. The sort of look like the old stereo headphone sets. They muffle sound enough that you don't have to hear what you don't want to.

And again on the subject of hearing, is it possible that I actually heard the fireworks at Disneyland 20 miles away?


53Xth Conversation

Post 19

Coniraya

{[caer csd] *in smug mode* The penultimate programme of 24 was shown tonight and my prediction of the mole in CTU, made several weeks ago to the rest of the household, was proved right! The Agatha Christie principle holds true again.

*double smug mode* the Frontier House ended here today and the prediction I made for that also came true.

I now predict that every prediction and forecast I make for the next few weeks will be false to make up for the above smiley - winkeye}


53Xth Conversation

Post 20

Witty Moniker

Caer, you mean you guessed which couple split up and which couple went bankrupt? smiley - laugh

I'm off to see Signs. I hope I can sleep tonight.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more