Dutch Meet 2004

6 Conversations

Get on Your Bikes!


After lengthy discussions and checking of diaries the dates for the Dutch Meet 2004 have been set for 25th- 28th November 2004 and will take place, as ever, in Alphen Aan Den Rijn. The Meet will include a visit to Het Kasteel on Friday and Kwatro on Saturday evening. Sunday will be chill-out day. Of course other suggestions are always welcome.

Accomodation

Shazz and TM still have room for about 4 people.

Sign-up Forum

Accomodation Forum


Agenda

  • Thursday evening: Ten-Forward cafe in Het Kasteel

  • Friday morning/afternoon/evening: Possible arrivals.

  • Friday evening: Het Kasteel with Band Meilof. Click on 'discografie' and 'luister naar...' for previews of their style.

  • Saturday morning/afternoon: A trip to the Hermitage in Amsterdam has been suggested. They are currently running an exhibition about Tsar Nicholas and his family.

    An alternative outing would be to go to Leiden which has historical links to Rembrandt van Rijn and the Pilgrim Fathers. It also boasts many museums:
    The National Antiquity Museum with its Egyptian, Greek and Roman collections plus currently running a Syrian exhibition.
    The Folk Museum which exhibits non-western folk culture.
    The Natural History Museum full of dinosaurs and nature exhibits.
    The Art Museum which shows work by all the major Dutch artists and includes pieces formed from glass and silver.
    Leiden also has many buldings of interest including 35 almshouses, a burcht (fortified citadel), County Jail, Town Hall (where shazz and TM may well tie the knot in the marble-floored 'marriage room'), Weighing Hall and 2 churches. The advantage over Amsterdam is that it is much closer and therefore less time will be spent actually getting there.

  • Saturday evening: Kwatro.
    We are delighted to report that one of our h2g2 members, Terry Teadreg, will be performing with his band Superman's Big Sister on Saturday night. It is also possible that shazz may DJ - an unmissable evening!
  • Sunday: Recovery time and bidding farewell!

Attendees

Definites1

Possibles2

The Dutch Researchers Club

Community Events page
1* denotes accomodation required2* denotes accomodation required

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2995275

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more