A Conversation for H2G2 Space Centre

Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 421

[lafinass] I serve only myself

*strolls into the hanger*

[lafinass] i find it amusing that i'm setting happybutthole on fire in a battle field at the same time i'm watching him make a fool of himself in a hanger......


Removed

Post 422

So Long and Thanks for all the Fish(Deceased)

This post has been removed.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 423

HappyDude

Funy you should have mentioned Brazil because I'd say they a a more european culture that the USA - I'm not saying that the USA has not been greatly influenced by European culture but that you have taken that and forged something unique and disinctly North American with it - this is not a critisum - what you have is probaly no better or worse an average than European culture but it is not a European culture that North America has.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 424

Uncle Heavy [sic]

Acolyte, are you STUMPED or CHOPPERS? Do you want to be a good duy (yes) or a bad guy (no).

It's not a European thing. It's a male thing. And its a male thing because we can rape and women cannot (Sorry, but its true). Thus we have ultimate power over women, who become incapacitate for nine months afterwards. It is not because we are bigger. We got bigger because we could do the dirty deed. Distasteful (for which I apologise) but true.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 425

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

NYC, Unfortunatly 100% of the population doesn't speak English. In the southern states (border states and florida) spanish is a virtual necessity to get a hamburger. But to your credit to get anywhere in life you damn well better learn English, its the language of the world. Any country that wants to be a major player in international commerce has it's representatives and head leaders speak english. On the internet, the sucessful sights are in English and everyone puts thier sight up in English because the largest percentage of the people who have the money speak it! Only france is being and idiot and making every sight hosted in thier country be in french (are they still doing that?) and for that they are/were suffering.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 426

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

UH, I believe there is a little pill called RU-234 (something like that)..... also I resent that you think all men would just go out and rape someone! Thats absurd! Maybe a couple do that but there are a number of options open for women to stop it (IE. mace, kicking them in the nuts, Mac 10, .45 colt automatic). Whoever rapes someone should be shot! But what pisses me off even more is the girls who go and get the guy, have sex with him and then afterwards say it was rape. Those women should be shot right with the rest of them


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 427

Uncle Heavy [sic]

No. I wasnt suggesting that we are all rapists. Rape is just a way for sexually unsuccesful men to spread their seed. It's genetic, I'm afraid. It's just most of us are civilised enought o beat the urges. Most don't even have them. That was just the explaination for why men are dominant in society, or were at least. Nothing to do with build. All to do with sex.

And do you know why english is prevalent, because many americans just can't be arsed to learn other languages, and everyone dances to their tune. Thus all the europeans just learn american (not even english). but I'm not bitter. And i wasn't attacking any of you. Just cretinous americans...


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 428

NYC Student - The innocent looking one =P

HappyDude, you don't quite seem to get the point. Brazilian culture is its own distinct culture, and Brazil STILL has its natives left. The Portuguese didn't opt for genocide. Again I repeat: Native Americans account for 0.01% of the total population. Our history is DISTINCTLY European. Don't try to deny it, you Brit. We are more like you than you care to believe.

Also, I quite realize that there are people in America who don't speak English (or American, you nitpicking British nitwits). I live in a city where 400,000 Chinese immigrants can't speak or write English, and X2 Latin immigrants with the same problem. I am speaking in exaggerations so that you get the point, so when I say 100% English, you should know what I mean.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 429

HappyDude

Problem, we are talking about differn't things -

You are talking about the origins of the population

Me, I'm talking about the current prevailing culture of the nation and yes I agree that Brazilian culture is its own distinct culture, just like that of North America is 'Distinct', North America has moved on from the days of mass European immagration to form a cuture that is its own and very differn't from anything you would find in Western Europe. What I was saying is that I find the current culture of Brazil nearer current European culture than I find North American culture - this is only my opinion drawn from personal experiances of visiting Brazil and both the USA and Canada.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 430

NYC Student - The innocent looking one =P

good for you. you missed my point completely. I visited Paris, London, and most of Italy. The vast majority of my friends are Eastern European or Asian immigrants. Much as it pains you to hear this, we are incredibly similar to you, and if not in minute details, then in practice and history.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 431

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

I was born and am being raised in DC, I have never been in another country over 5 weeks at a time

as long as we are one upping each other I have been to 46 states of which my most best experience was in San Fransisco, California. I've been to all the UK barring Ireland wich I hope to get to next summer and the Falklands, all of western europe south of Berlin and east of Athens except those "slavakian" countries, Portigal and Holland. And ohh, insidentally I have friends from absolutly everwhere.

back to reality-
America is similar to every country that we have citizens from. If you dispute that then name a counrty and I'll tell you how similar we are to them


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 432

[lafinass] I serve only myself

[lafinass] i don't know how we got on this topic of one upping eachother, but i way as well throw in my lot.... i have been to all of western, parts of eastern Europe and all of the eastern seaboard of the US.... but that doesn't denote intelligence, so.... i'm gonna go back to the battle and beat on some CHOPPERS....


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 433

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

thats the spirit!


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 434

Lord Byancbaldich a.k.a. Ancba, posting as Flopsy the Catrabbit coz he's in the Unknown Regions

All in all, I'm glad that Earth doesn't have interstellar flight IRL, because if you did, then the entry in the Guide would not use the word "Harmless."


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 435

Uncle Heavy [sic]

We might be similar, but there are cultural abysses. Which is a shame. It all comes down to stereotyping and xenophobia, I'm afraid.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 436

HappyDude

Well said Mr Heavy.

I wasn't trying to one up anybody but the fact is at the end of the day I feel far more comfortable visiting western European nations than North America - why the cultural similarities, the culture of North America is one I understand less than those of the European neighbours of the United Kingdom.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 437

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

are you sure that that isn't because everyone in America has a gun and the people in Europe don't? smiley - smiley


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 438

HappyDude

You ever been to southern Italy ?


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 439

HappyDude

not to mention the fact I live in London - bomb centeral. No guns are not the problem, as i have mentioned in other forums I have a firearms licence so I'm not like most of tis country and completly paranoid about guns (although I am in favour of limited gun control).

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed my visits to North America enormaly.


Hangar Infinity-Where Destiny Lies

Post 440

HappyDude

I'm sure there should be an 'S' in that last word of the last posting


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more