A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Travel Roads

Imardin - Poroda road

Post 21

Thorn

: smiley - whistle... smiley - yikessmiley - run
[Ecg Unagi]: "Well, okay-okay! Those are two reasons, the third is that Jake and I are looking for something that may be up there"
*Pauses*
"...That may be able to help Lady Shaylar."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 22

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Help Lady Shaylar, eh?

*Avatar looks thoughtful* Well, I'll do what I can to help then. I just don't want to go risking my neck on a quest for gold and riches. I've got more hidden away now than I know what to do with.


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 23

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: ~Well, that's good then. If it were a tresure hunt, we could have sought my father's pirate fleet for some assistance; he unified seven different groups to stop squabbling with eachother in order to stave the alliance's monopoly on sea-trade in my region. I do not wish to brag, you see_ because those are his feats, not mine.~

"It is rumored to be that there is a healing elemental spring hidden somewhere within the nearby mountain range, is why."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 24

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Well it sure found a bloody good place to hide. I'm assuming we'll be asking the dragons for some clues as to the location. If we try to find it ourselves we'll be looking for years.


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 25

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"Yes, we are. If you can translate from Draconic to Common, i can do common to draconic. Unless they have a member for the group who can understand us."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 26

Thorn

[Ecg]: "This is too true, oh so true..."
~I wish I had at least half the navigational ability or 'persuasive diplomacy' as him...~
*Sighs a bit*

"Oh well..."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 27

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Coincedentally,_ are there any demons on this mountain, as well? There were tengu in the ones back home, but I don't think the affinity would go well; it might make fire ones mad at us if I tried to speak with them, since my type is more towards water."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 28

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar shrugs.*

I dunno. I've not been this way before. What's tengu?


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 29

Thorn

[Ecg]: *Remembers about how to make signs of deference and respect, etc. first, so as not to get eaten or oblitterated.*

"The trick to it is-that opposing affinities tend not to take well towards any sort of perceived condescension, from those who they think are weaker. And -you can guess who they'd each think was the weaker."

*Does a bit of a determined grin*


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 30

Thorn

[Ecg]: *Lights up that someone would ask him about it*
"They are a type of wind-affinity demon, that look like crow-people. You have main two kinds. The Yamibusha are your proud, arrogant type, and the Karasu are the ones who are the more evil of the two, although it is not their own fault. If you manage to upset one, they can exact great misfortune. Sometimes they each can have a mischievous streak. Sort of like goblins here, but... erm, not."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 31

Thorn

*Ecg hums the tune about old beaknose that the sailors taught him*
smiley - musicalnote
"They like mountains, and sometimes disguise themselves as people to give traveler's bad directions. That and when they argue, they'll shrink or grow the nose of whoever loses, just for for something to laugh about. Receiving an item from one is considered a great-honor, provided you could outwit them first in order to."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 32

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

I shake my head. "Not that i know of. Of course, It has been a while since I worked this area. That reminds me...crap...."


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 33

Thorn

[Ecg]: "Er,- reminds you of what?"

: Also, should we have our characters reach the outpost/town itself first, to buy tents 7 stuff first, then go to the mountain itself,- or what?


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 34

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Say, If I didn't know any better, I'd say that blighted and blasted looking lone stump of a tree (the snag over there), might easily be some sort of a landmark..."

*Peers over at it again*


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 35

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"I might have some depts to pay.....crap...." jakes replies, taking the letter out and read it.


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 36

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: "Well, unless your creditors are part of one of the gangs of brigands
_who are said to be running about, in these parts, how is that_?"
smiley - yikes

*Just so happens to grab an arrow while in the process of yawning & stretching*

"!!!"


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 37

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

"They might be, and they might be dead." then notices the arrow. "We need to move faster. Much, much faster." I say, whipping up my Wind Speed spell and moving us along.


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 38

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Good idea. I'll cover us.

*Avatar creates a mystic shield around the rapidly moving travellers to protect them from further attack.*

Ecg, find where the shooting's coming from!


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 39

Thorn

[Ecg Unagi]: *Notices an arrow whiz by Jake's head.*
"Um, that way!"
*Points opposite*
"You wanna take care of that one, or shall I?"
*Squints to make out the onlooker/assailant*
"D@*n, sun's in the way... judging by the shadows, looks like maybe two more-behind the first one, [there's] probly three? Jake, I think they're here to tell us, they think your spending is like a rushing-riv"
smiley - eureka
*Gets an idea*
"A river. That's it, maybe between the two of us, if we both cast water at once, we could wash them away..."
~From us, the other way down the path?~

*Feels ready*


Imardin - Poroda road

Post 40

MadHank (Master of Forgeting, and Returning Awesome guy)

Jake nods. "Why not?" he said, whipping around and preparing the spell. "On three....one...two....three!" He says, launching his water blast spell


Key: Complain about this post