A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Travel Roads

Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 1

TBC

*Thoran starts walking along the road, then moves to the edge of it and slips into the brush at the side*
*he moves along silently, keeping his eye out for Dark Alliance patrols*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 2

U521150

*from his previous reconaissance, Thoran is able to avoid DA patrols*

*the brush is quiet, mostly, besides the natural wildlife*

*until, after an hour or so, sounds of cruel laughter are coming from a clump of trees a little further off the road; beyond there is a ransacked farmhouse*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 3

TBC

*Thoran pauses, listening to the laughter. Putting down his pack he gets out his crossbow and attaches the quiver to his belt*
*Slinging his pack up onto his shoulder he quietly moves towards teh laughter*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 4

U521150

*the clump of trees is more like a circle*

*in the circle, there are a half-dozen men wearing black leather armour and black headbands with the symbol of the DA on them*

*they are pushing an old man around, laughing at a young woman's entreaties to get them to stop*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 5

TBC

*Thoran's eyes narrow slightly*
*he aims at the first man's throat and fires a bolt, he then changes aim to another and fires again. He repeats this, till he has emptied the five bolts from his crossbow. Then he runs into the clearing with his quaterstaff ready*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 6

U521150

*four of the five men were killed with lethal shots, the fifth careens into a tree in shock and is knocked out*

*the sixth, uninjured man draws his sword and looks at Thoran with a mixture of anger and fear*

[Man] F-for the v-victory of the Alliance!
*he attacks Thoran*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 7

TBC

*Thoran sidesteps the man's verticle blow and hooks his quaterstaff behind the sword and hits the blade so the man keeps going forward, stumbling past Thoran. Thoran continues the swing (basically this swing turns Thoran 180 degrees) and hits the man in the back of the head as he goes past, sending the man sprawling to the ground*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 8

U521150

*the man stumbles to his feet, looking more like he wants to run rather than stand and face Thoran*

*he prods his unconscious friend with his foot, then when the other doesn't stir, he turns tail and starts to run*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 9

TBC

*Thoran throws his quaterstaff as he would a spear, so that it tangles the man's legs up causing him to fall over*
*Thoran walks up to him and kicks him in the head, knocking him out*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 10

U521150

*the small clearing is still for a moment, save for the young girl's sobbing*

[Young girl] S-sir? Could you help my father? Please?


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 11

TBC

*Thoran picks up his quaterstaff then drags the unconcious man back into the clearing*
*he gets some rope out of his bag and quickly binds the two unconcious attackers*
*then he turns to the man*
Where are you hurt?

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 12

U521150

*the man, leaning on his daughter now, looks at Thoran*

They pushed me around a bit, sir...I'm bruised, and have a mighty big headache, but you saved me from the worst of it. As you did my daughter, and for that I thank you.


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 13

TBC

It's fine. I'd advise heading for one of the cities though; it is safer there than it is out here.

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 14

U521150

[man] From the Dark Alliance and its allies *spits on one of the bodies* maybe, but not from common thieves and petty criminals. The reason my daughter and I came out here was because my wife, her mother, was robbed and killed six years ago down a back alley in Imardin.


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 15

TBC

*sighs*
I know such things happen... who knows if this world will ever become peaceful?
I'd advise moving on from here anyway; The alliance will not be happy to find its men dead.
*Thoran turns and starts to leave the clearing*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 16

U521150

*the girl - who's about ten - runs and hugs Thoran from behind, then runs back to her father quickly*

*the father laughs slightly* [man] Thank you again, kind sir. But I'll hide these bodies, and they won't be none the wiser.

*he sends the girl off to the house to get some body-hiding supplies*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 17

TBC


*Thoran nods towards the man then leaves the clearing, continuing along the road*

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 18

U521150



*the next few hours of the trip are uneventful*


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 19

TBC

<*Thoran spends a few uneventful hours*
*he whistles to himself for a bit, scratches his nose once...* so tempting to detail the next few uneventful hours!!>

~Thoran


Imardin - Olde A’tlatha road

Post 20

U521150

<smiley - tongueout>

*night falls*


Key: Complain about this post