A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 761

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Gets up and sits back down again*

Head Rush!

*Gets up more slowly and joins Lil at the door.*


Administrative Offices

Post 762

Coniraya

*wakes up, feeling rather groggy*

Oh my, did someone or something spike my tea?


Administrative Offices

Post 763

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It must be these orchids. We're going to have to set a faster pace or we'll completely forget why we came here.

Why did we come here?


Administrative Offices

Post 764

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I thought we came here because the naps were good.


Administrative Offices

Post 765

Titania (gone for lunch)


I've completely forgotten what our mission was, so I tried untangling the threads of the past in an effort to find out the reason for being here:

Let's see - we arrived into this conversation thread from The Olde Moshe Pitte <./>F1742198?thread=410486 where Chesworth in posting no. 238 opened a panel, revealing a tunnel.

We arrived to the Pitte from the abandoned and sealed-off second floor <./>F1742198?thread=394969</.>

We got to the second floor from the path to the Mine complex <./>F1742198?thread=394971</.>

I'm not sure from where we arrived to the path, though…smiley - erm


Administrative Offices

Post 766

Witty Moniker

*Rubs the sleep out of her eyes. smiley - yawn*

Doesn't this have something to do with a Christmas Tree? smiley - huh


Administrative Offices

Post 767

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Come to think of it, I think we were returning a Christmas Tree. We were attacked and, long story short, here we are.


Administrative Offices

Post 768

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Are they orchids, or lotus? I think we've been eating lotus.

As I remember it, we returned the tree and were attacked but managed to escape by fleeing 10,000 years into the future. You know, the usual escape route. So then we got these orchids attached to us (no wait, I'm not remembering that, someone else is) which give us a sort of hive mentality. In order to get them off, we had to sit here at Administrative Level 2 for several months sipping tea. Or something. I think GL knows the rest.

But has anyone noticed how GL and Red Dog have been locked in that battle for weeks now but without changing position? I suspect they've been swapped out for inflatable replicas.

/* Pokes Garius */
smiley - dog


Administrative Offices

Post 769

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We could put them in sea's pocket of destiny along with my horse. But it was pretty disgraceful, what happened last time they got in there.

So here we are in the anteroom of some sort of laboratory that we have to go through in order to go somewhere else, but I don't remember where. The technicians seemed friendly but we were worried about, um, what were we worried about? Was it the squadron of apes in uniform who seem to be coming out of that side room toward us quite rapidly?


Administrative Offices

Post 770

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

There was something about a valley or somesuch thing and getting across it.

*Puts hands in pockets*

Wait a second

*Pulls hands back out and examines something in his hand*

I had a toy boat in my pocket!


Administrative Offices

Post 771

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Those apes are sooooo cute, with those little helmets and toy guns! Why would be worried about apes? Look, they're even pretending to aim them at us and making those funny noises!
smiley - dog


Administrative Offices

Post 772

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*as Lil opens the door into the lab an arrow sings past her head and lodges in the wall with a cartoonish noise*

Look, they're redecorating! And we're in their way.

Let's go see if there's a door at the other end of the lab.


Administrative Offices

Post 773

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I wouldn't want to interrupt their redecoration efforts, I agree, we should go through the other door.


Administrative Offices

Post 774

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*strolls into the lab, nodding to the white-coated slaves*
*a projectile thuds into a tall white box between her and the shooter, and the lights in the room dim momentarily*


Administrative Offices

Post 775

Afgncaap5

*Pokes head through the door*

You know, despite a 10000 year time difference, and the change of management, and the use of slaves instead of robots, CLI hasn't changed too much in how the labs operate...


Administrative Offices

Post 776

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Pushes in behind Affy */

This is how you run CLI? I would find the use of so many post-it notes distracting - you can barely see the computer monitors.
smiley - dog


Administrative Offices

Post 777

Afgncaap5

Well, robots don't use post-it-notes I admit, but the basic concept of airborne projectiles is still going strong.


Administrative Offices

Post 778

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*crooking a finger to get the attention of a kobold technician as she strolls insouciantly through a hail of arrows that thud into a bulletin board on the far side of the lab*

I say, what does this box do? All I can see on it is a big orange button.

*the kobold licks its lips nervously and ducks behind a desk*


Administrative Offices

Post 779

Afgncaap5

*Examines the orange button*

...yep, still running the same way, I see....


Administrative Offices

Post 780

Zippy Pizza Delivery

*a light adjacent to the orange button begins to blink*

*smiley - ufo a few seconds after that a trans-thread portal quickly opens and closes leaving a small green square-shaped humanoid with an extra pair of eyes on stalks carrying a large super-supreme extra special pizza standing there looking a little confused smiley - ufo *

Is this A2395389 ? Did you entities called Zippy's again smiley - martianfrown ?


Key: Complain about this post

Administrative Offices

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more