A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 681

Afgncaap5


Moose! Grey Spectre! How's it goin', man? I think you're still listed on the current STUMPED page as one of the original five members.

Oh, we're not at the old page anymore, we outgrew it. Now we're at STUMPED Stadium. FYI.

Nice to see ya again.smiley - biggrin


*Looks at the door

Something tells us many people eventually danced here. And by us, I mean "we." For some reason.

But that door....that door....definitely a red flag going up here....


Administrative Offices

Post 682

Afgncaap5


And by "we" I meant "me." Sorry again.smiley - blush


Administrative Offices

Post 683

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

This blue light is flashing faster. At a higher frequency, I mean.

Oh look, it just turned yellow.


Administrative Offices

Post 684

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That's gotta mean something.


Administrative Offices

Post 685

Afgncaap5

You know, I bet it's yet another fight getting ready to happen. We've had a lot of those lately.


Administrative Offices

Post 686

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Yeah, we have.
*Double checks his crossbow.*
Maybe we should actually prepare for an attack. Flying by the seat of your pants is all fine and good but, it gets kinda old sometimes.


Administrative Offices

Post 687

Afgncaap5

Perhaps. But my principle of battle preparation is much like that of a prop comic: be prepared for whatever may come your way, just don't let the hecklers mess up the routine.


Administrative Offices

Post 688

Coniraya

Anyone care for more smiley - tea before any fight ensues?


Administrative Offices

Post 689

Titania (gone for lunch)

*spits out PAG after several attempts*Dang h2g2 servers!smiley - steam

Yes please, I'll have a smiley - tea - any of those biscuits left?


Administrative Offices

Post 690

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

sure, I'll have some smiley - tea


Administrative Offices

Post 691

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*a low pitched distant rumble gradually becomes a high pitched scream as a Red blur travelling at Mach 1+ re-enters the thread through the roof from posting 418*

smiley - somersault *pulverised plaster flies everywhere and coats the offices in a grey cloud, the red blur bounces off wall after wall before hitting a row of filing cabinents knocking them over. Red Dog spins round and round in a corner, the rate of spin gradually dimishing and slowing before settling quite still*

*just as everything becomes still and quiet there is a small sound of a seal breaking open and several large braking parachutes tumble out of a rucksack on Red Dogs back in a heap on the floor*

~woosily~

smiley - cdouble I think the CLI guarantee must have run out on those babies.

~faints~


Administrative Offices

Post 692

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Golf Clap*

Spectacular re-entrance RD!


Administrative Offices

Post 693

Witty Moniker

*Digs a hankie out of her tote bag and discreetly spits out plaster dust.*



Anyone have smelling salts for the dear boy?


Administrative Offices

Post 694

Garius Lupus

*Runs over and checks Red Dog's backpack. Nods in satisfaction. Walks back over to Affy*

Worked perfectly. Don't know why he would have had it set for "Open on Impact", but that's exactly what it did. When he comes to, I'm sure he'll be very pleased. After all, he would have had to pay extra to get that feature.


Administrative Offices

Post 695

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*opens one eye smiley - winkeye *

I found this outside.

*from a prone position hands Garius an envelope marked "Top Secret - For Lizard and Wolf Eyes Only" *


Administrative Offices

Post 696

Afgncaap5

*Motions to GL*

You'll have to read it. I'm not willing to Cleesh myself.


Administrative Offices

Post 697

Coniraya

Wow, RD, that entrance is worthy of any top class rock gig, nice one!

How are you feeling?

Need a cuppa?

*gets a fresh brew of smiley - tea going*


Administrative Offices

Post 698

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, *that* entry is bound to attract attention - that is, if there's anyone to pay attention...smiley - erm *looks around*


Administrative Offices

Post 699

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Joins Titania in looking around*


Administrative Offices

Post 700

Garius Lupus

*Takes the envelope from RD and blows a considerable amount of dust off of it. Reads the front. Looks meaningfully at Affy. Turns the envelope over sees what appears to be a wax seal, except that it looks more like chocolate than wax. The seal has an ornate 'C' intertwined with an ornate 'B'. GL shrugs, breaks the seal and eats it.*

Hmmmmm. Not bad. A bit stale and a bit waxy, but you can tell it was reasonably decent chocolate at one time.

*GL opens the envelope. Inside, he finds a map with lots of twisty lines all alike. On one edge of the map is the word 'Elevator'. At the end of one of the twisty lines is the word 'Temple'. Between the two are many intersections of the twisty lines, which would make it impossible to get from 'Elevator' to 'Temple' without this map, or a guide. Unfortunately, in the centre of the map, the route goes through an area that appears to have been damaged by water and is unreadable.*

Ooooo, this looks useful!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more