A Conversation for The Grand Repository Of Knowledge

Research Room 1

Post 1

Afgncaap5

*The first room after the Main Lobby, Research Room 1 is filled with hundreds of computer terminals, most of which are in use. Exits from this room lead back to the main lobby, to research laboratories, to residential facilities for the scientists who can't be bothered with a long commute every day, to administrative rooms, to various other facilities*


Research Room 1

Post 2

Red (and a bit grey) Dog


*walks up to the closest terminal which is occupied by a smiley - geek. Grabs smiley - geek by the collar and hauls him out of his seat, then sits down on the warm chair*

Now go get me a smiley - tea before I decide to haul you again

*glares at smiley - geek*

Scoot!


Research Room 1

Post 3

Afgncaap5

*The smiley - geek looks at the computer next to the one that he was sitting at, which is unoccupied*

smiley - geek-Goodness, you're certainly picky, aren't you?


Research Room 1

Post 4

The Corrupt One

*Corrupt looks at the terminals, then looks at the entrance to the research laboratories*

Now, if I was a dementedly evil creature bent on taking over the universe, I don't think I'd be looking up things on a terminal... hmmmmm...


Research Room 1

Post 5

NYC Student - The innocent looking one =P

*NYC enters the room, bumping into a knocking over the smiley - geek*

[NYC] Hey! Watch where you're going!

*NYC scowls at the hapless smiley - geek, then sits at the free computer console, looking for various mentionings of evil-Affy, and articles about the finer points of pyromania*


Research Room 1

Post 6

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*through gritted teeth*

This - is - way - too - slow ! Why - don't - we - just - threaten - someone ? smiley - cross

*looks at smiley - geek*


Research Room 1

Post 7

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Student 1 stops just inside, and uses the Force to try to snag Student 2's ID from Corrupt]


Research Room 1

Post 8

The Corrupt One

*Corrupt feels the card being lifted from her. She sees it floating halfway between her and Yar, and grabs it angrily.*

Hey, Force-boy, don't try that stuff on me! Unless you want to be shish kabab...?

*She storms off, card and all, to check out the experiments.*


Research Room 1

Post 9

Afgncaap5

*LibraGram pops up in front of her, just as she reaches the arch that leads to the research labs*

LibraGram-Might I inquire as to just what you intend to do back there? Based on the information that we've archived thanks to you people, there doesn't seem to be much need for scientific experimentation. Unless you have a definite use or query that requires the laboratories, I must insist that you confine yourself to this or any other research room. So, would you be so kind as to tell me just what you're looking for?

*Student2 enters and notices Student1 and Corrupt. Begins approaching*


Research Room 1

Post 10

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Student 1 taps Corrupt on the shoulder.]

[Student 1] Hey, could ya find a quick way to deal with this guy without drawing attention to me specifically? I didn't have a body, and this guy had an easy one to get to, but it looks like he'd been busy ...


Research Room 1

Post 11

Skullock

*Walks in and glances about not quite shure what to do.*

*Wanders towards the residential quarters.*


Research Room 1

Post 12

Just Justin... (ACE)

*finds a couch to one side of the room, and sits back with a smiley - tea and a newspaper smiley - thepost and waits for the rest to finish their research.


Research Room 1

Post 13

Afgncaap5

*Just for reference, Skullock is heading towards F1738054?thread=383927 where the residential lobby rests*


Research Room 1

Post 14

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*heads to the terminal where Red Dog is situated and goes into helpful librarian mode, refining his search with the use of Boolean operators and similes, explaining everything he does as he goes*

There we go, if we combine a search for his name with ideas of current whereabouts or last known activity, plus a cross-reference against the universe and the taking over thereof, we might begin to find what we're looking for...

*inserts a few more keywords and begins the search*


Research Room 1

Post 15

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar] [arriving] /Or/, since I can sense him somewhere in here, we could just go over and ask him. [continues to stretch out with the Force to try to find him]


Research Room 1

Post 16

Afgncaap5

*Yar can sense Anti-Affy5 either in the Residential Areas or in the Research Laboratories. Such a shame that they're so close to each other*

*The computer screen, meanwhile, comes up with three entries based on David's improved search terms*


3 RESULTS FOUND:

Lab notes, 2000/2001. Minos Krylma. STUMPED Labs. "In an attempt to destroy the Galaxy and my arch-nemesis AFGNCAAP5 I have developed a weapon known as the Omega-Matic. This device, when detonated, can destroy the Galaxy! Since the Milky Way is where most of the UNIVERSE's super heroes are located, this will make it easy as pie to TAKE OVER planets and systems in other Galaxies, due to the proximity...."

Lab notes, 2003/2004. AFGNCAAP5. Grand Repository Of Knowledge Laboratories. "On extending the potential for protecting the UNIVERSE from being TAKEN OVER, the Digital Cell technology may be expanded to...."

"The Finer Points Of Super/Space Heroics," 2002/2003. AFGNCAAP5. Crater Publications/Crater Labs, Incorporated. "The UNIVERSE is constantly in danger of being TAKEN OVER by various super villains. With this book, however, you can help to protect the UNIVERSE from their persistant attacks. By learning to develop your own natural skills to the point of super skills, and with a few time-tested tricks of the trade, super-heroism and space-heroism are attainable goals for...."


Research Room 1

Post 17

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Yar moves towards the Residential Lobby and experimentally sticks his head through, reaching out with the Force]


Research Room 1

Post 18

Afgncaap5

*Still unclear*


Research Room 1

Post 19

Dizzy H. Muffin


What, not even a "warmer" or "colder"? smiley - winkeye


Research Room 1

Post 20

Afgncaap5


Nope. This conversation room has the coding "FORCE USE = LIMIT 4" regardless. Sorry.smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post