The Dining Hall

5 Conversations

An outline of a woman doing a yoga position and a few good things that will help you gain a long and healthy life

"The combination of aerobic exercise, strength training, flexibility, and weight control is referred to as balanced fitness.  It has broad implications for us as individuals and as a society.  It will make you healthier and increase your self-esteem and self-confidence.  It will reduce your medical costs and increase your work productivity."



-From 'Complete Home Fitness Handbook', Edmund R. Burke, Editor

The Dining Hall at The Circle is a large open room reminiscent of a monastery refectory. Four massive oak tables  are fitted together to form a square in the center of the room.  Crockery vases filled with cut flowers from the perennial beds brighten the tables.  A large fireplace on the west wall provides warmth  and a feeling of community.  Along the south wall is a sideboard filled to overflowing with dishes and beverages lovingly prepared in the commune's kitchen.

But, unlike a refectory, this dining hall is never quiet.  It is a hive of conversation.  Suitable topics for conversation in the Dining Hall include but are not limited to the success of popular diets, Holistic approaches to medicine, yoga and other exercise programs, current medical news, aromatherapy, herbal remedies, and biofeedback techniques.

Please feel welcome to start a conversation about any of these topics or to choose one of your own.

Main Page
Meditation Garden
| The Potager
| Library
| The Kitchen
| The Recreation Room
| The Bus


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2253458

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more