The Recreation Room

7 Conversations

Two cowboy-type dudes firing guns on an old-style TV.

"There are no official laws of Poker in the same sense that there are official laws of Contract Bridge.  Poker is a game for the rugged individualist, and every game reserves the right to make its own laws. "



from 'According To Hoyle" by Richard L. Frey

The Rec Room at The Circle is a multi-function room designed to serve the needs of our members.  A large flat-screen television attached to a satellite dish on the roof fills the south wall.  The west corner contains a half dozen computer carrels.   Tables and chairs are placed strategically  for those who wish to play cards or board games or who have hobbies they wish to pursue.  Comfortable overstuffed chairs and sofas  are arranged into conversation pits.

Suitable topics for conversation in the Rec Room include but are not limited to baseball,  classic television programs, local festivals, holiday customs, crafts and hobbies, the Sunday comics and fraternity hazing.

Please feel welcome to start a conversation about any of these topics or to choose one of your own.


Main Page
Meditation Garden
| The Potager
| Library
| The Kitchen
| The Dining Hall
| The Bus


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2253476

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more