A Conversation for The Café

Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 101

ox

Hi, Odra-get any target practice in?
Hi, Bahb. Bye, Bahb.


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 102

jr52 (ting-a-)

*singing sotto voce*
Somewhere over the rainbow...way up high...there's a place that I heard of, once in a lulabye. *starts*
*realizes that close proximty to punch consumers causes bleed-over of punch effects**notices elephant, again*

BTW Lil, great gift and all but it brings to mind Moses's question to God after being upon the waters for a bit. "Have you seen the bottom of this thing?"


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 103

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Well, see, due to the particular nature of my highly advanced weapon, "target practice" is not precisely within the, ah, bounds of its normal operation...
(that means "Yes, and she missed one whole heck of a lot...")

Actually, this gun operates sort of on the basis of skeet-shooting, if you're familiar of that. The energies of the rays produced between the collision of the target and the beam fired are what creates the lethal impact, not the beam itself.
lt would be easier if l showed you, but l don't think l'd be too popular here if l vaporised the punchbowl. l'm already a bit in trouble for that business with the blowtorch, l think...
l'm planning a demo in the Lab sometime soon, though. When the Campaign settles down a bit and we go off on Safari.


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 104

ox

*looks up from a copy of the H2G2 Post* Yes, it looks like the various campaigns are gathering speed and heat. Never mind the demo-I'll wait for the full production in the Lab.


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 105

jr52 (ting-a-)

*refocuses...again*
Oh, hi Odra. That's why they call it "practice". Kinda like doctors and liers and such. *not so sotto voce* MaaaMaaas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys....oops

IIEM, coffee quick. Kenyan, Kona, Jamacian, whatever is on top.


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 106

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Hee. Target malpractice. That's what l've been getting in...


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 107

jr52 (ting-a-)


Certainly; but not, malfeasance.

To quote the late, great, R.M. Nixon,"I am not a crook."

*suspiciously (based on your record. and knowing nothing that has happened around you has been of either malevolent or malicious intentions on your part*

BTW,, just what were you pointing that at when you depressed the trigger?


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 108

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

*holds one of those little gold-foil-wrapped chocolate coins -- the sort they have for Christmas and Haunaka and so forth aloft*

One of these, jr. l toss it up, aim and fire. A superaccelerated beam of electrons courses around the donut-shaped track, exits the barrel, hits the coin, causes a subatomic reaction, smashing the gold ions present in the candy. The energy from this beam-ion collision hits the mirror mounted on the barrel and is cast back at the target, which is then vaporised because....*natters off into an explanation of the behaviour of strange matter which no one really cares about and which will be related, in its entirety, at the lab, later*


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 109

jr52 (ting-a-)

*lifted eyebrows indicate being suitably impressed and in awe of Odra's construct**smiles and shakes head in admiration*

Quite the device. Perhaps if you spread the beam out a bit it would now be necessary to be very accurate. A possible plus in a sticky situation on your upcoming safari.

Although, I must question the destruction of chocolate thru means other than consumption. Annnnnd,, do you really anticapate an assault my marauding gold foil wrapped chocolate coins?

*sips coffee, winches* Right ho IIEM.


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 110

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

Morning' good people!!

Coffee please, IIEM.

You need too congratulate me, as I got my driver's license yesterday! smiley - smiley


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 111

Bumblebee

Congratulations!


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 112

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

Thanks! smiley - winkeye

Er du fra Bergen du'a?

Ti-hi..


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 113

J'au-æmne


*enters with a large box of donuts, and a smaller box of 4th of July Celebration Donuts*
Happy 4th of July ppl smiley - smiley

& well done on the driving test, Snata smiley - smiley

*gets lemon tea to go*


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 114

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

Am I all alone in here now?

*walks over too IIEM, orders coffee. Sits down with Digi, stroking her*


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 115

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*bounds through back door*
Argh!!
*heads straight for punch bowl and tosses back a mug full*
I couldn't get back on last night ... at least, I got so tired and bored that I just couldn't play another game of solitaire while waiting for a page to load and I had to give up.

Good morning Snata. Oh dear, how can we ever call you this new name?? It'll take so long to type! But congratulations on passing your driving test.

Mitch Miller is 89 today. I wonder how many people remember who he is? *lights a sparkler whilst peering outside to check on elephant* Looks like elephants are impervious to blue dust. I can't wait till Ioreth gets here so I can show her some things she, this unnamed elephant, does.

*puts fresh lot of donuts out on green compote dish*


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 116

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

Hi Lil!

Thanks! smiley - smiley

If you call me, say, one-eye or something, it doesn't take that long to type! smiley - winkeye

Who's Mitch Miller?

Can I have a cup'o'coffee and a 4th of July-doughnut?


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 117

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

one-eye it is, then.
-------------------------> c(~) and O! (4th July doughnut)

Took me a while to load my home page... it'll be another day of occasional frustrations and delays, just like IRL smiley - bigeyes


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 118

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

*takes c(~) and O!*

Thanx!

Guess that's just something one has to deal with sometimes. smiley - smiley

Allthough it can get very frustrating from time to time! smiley - winkeye


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 119

One-eye, KoD, gent, MuG, randomly available

Guess I'll be off now..

See you tomorrow Lil!

good luck with slow down-loads and the likes ! smiley - smiley

*walks out waving*


Ioreth's Going-Away Party

Post 120

Garius Lupus

*Unexpectedly reaches the bottom of the thread after seemingly interminably reading backlog.*

Er ....um ... hi.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more