Escape Pod Dreams - 134

0 Conversations

The Needle in a Carpet Issue

The New New blob

Life without education can be almost just as nice with training.

It is an odd habit of governments and other piles of over-dressed peoples to spend years telling you what they are going to do, hours actually doing it and dozens of soundbites explaining how what really happened wasn't exactly what they thought truly should have. Apparently, as long as the light bulbs are burning in the buildings, they have to pretend they are doing something or preparing to discuss doing something. This 'busy work' seems to be more important than actually accomplishing anything or admitting that they really don't know what to do next. Of course, all this could be put to rest with the razing of some unnecessary buildings to spare the poor unsuspecting light bulbs, or making a few phone calls to some qualified individuals to find out what intelligent people would do in situations like this and that and then. But that won't happen anytime soon, because the qualified individuals usually don't have the correct security clearances to be informed of what the secure and ignorant aren't doing. So, round and round it goes, and where it stops nobody knows until the cluster bombs land...

The New New blob

More reasons why...

1. 8:57 AM
the importance of the arpeggio in bathtub water temperature selection

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Pink Floyd and the importance of dependable monotony in pop Muzak

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
Life with cattle with money

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Those who seek offense rarely fail to take it.

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

05.10.06 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A15914081

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more