The h2g2 Post 08.07.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 8th July 2013

A Cure for the Blahs

A harried editor.

How's life going, friends? Is summer treating you right? Are you enjoying balmy days at the beach, moonlight swims with your significant other, cosy evenings with witty friends, trips to exotic locales? Or are you like the rest of us, complaining about the unseasonable weather and buried under onerous tasks?

If you're feeling stressed, we at the Post feel your pain. And we're going to do something about it.

According to more than one expert – okay, they're all self-appointed, these experts – laughter is, indeed, the best medicine. For which reason we have loaded the Post with astounding humour that will cause you to belly-laugh your way into health and happiness.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that we're short copy this week. Nothing at all. The fact that our contributors are either out having a good time, or are home recovering from having a good time, and haven't gotten around to telling us about it yet, is completely irrelevant. That's our story, and we're sticking to it.

Even with half of h2g2 on a plane somewhere, or out barbecuing, we still have fresh Stuff. There's nature art from Willem, probing political commentary from benjaminpmoore, and a report from the Reims Meet. Oh, and Anthea's got a new duck.

The pièce de resistance, of course, is the blockbuster cinema news of the summer from Awix: Jason Statham is BACK! In a thrilling new film. Only Awix can do this event full justice, so we won't try. Besides, the last time we said anything about Mr Statham, Awix got all snarky about being highbrow, and keeps mentioning the word 'opera' in an ironic way. We think this movie sounds like fun, although he didn't mention whether the nun did any singing.

So relax, friends. If you're feeling down, we've got the cure. If you're having a good time, good on you – remember to write and tell us about it.
Breaking News: Create's July Challenge involves gardens. Do you have one? Did you ever hide a gnome in one? Do you wish you had one? Do you have pictures, information, a story, a poem about gardening? Join in! Garden poetry will be appearing in next week's Post – send yours to postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL WONDERS
  • Four-striped grass mouse.
  • Silver tree.


READER TORTURE (CAUTION)


 

O FRABJOUS DAY


 
  • Row of bottles.
  • Table 42.
RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES

ODD BUT FUN
  • GW and spy.
  • .

  • The alien ball.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87795328

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more