Talking Point: Losing your Cool!

52 Conversations

A very cross person

Rage seems to be all the rage these days. Road rage, Tube1 rage, computer rage, and even pavement rage. Luckily h2g2 rage is currently unheard of.smiley - winkeye

Everyone gets angry at one time or another, but are we as a species becoming angrier? The release of adrenaline into our bodies can be very exhilarating, as the 'fight or flight' response kicks in. Flight is not always possible in our crowded towns and cities, or in our homes, and so rage becomes the way our bodies vent this intense feeling. We'd like to know if you have experienced any kind of rage, and how you coped with it.

  • Is it easier to shout and get angry then to stay calm and rational?

  • What makes you really angry?

  • Have you been a victim of someone else's anger?

  • Have you ever become so angry that you have done something that you later regretted?

  • Have you got any hints and tips for dealing with either your rage, or someone else's?

  • Have you ever 'done a John Cleese', and thrashed your motor car, or other form of transport?

  • The h2g2 Editors advice is - don't get mad, get even!

A530001A568721

Graphic supplied by Community Artist Peet

1Not our Tube, the underground trains that run in many large cities.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A814196

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more