A Conversation for Talking Point: Losing your Cool!

screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 1

Primord

arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

I hate Hate HATE when Children scream and cry in shops having a tantrum-especially when their parents just leave them to it! smiley - yuk

It drives me crazy-why don't the parents either bribe/scold their offspring into stopping?

I would-
but OH no! just leave 'em going purple in Safeway...it saves some hard work smiley - smiley


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 2

Superplonker

Oh jeeze, same here.

I detest any whiny sounds that kids make. Babies crying - there's another one. Especially in a cramped supermarket. >_<


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 3

nine.bar

I'd say you have no kids, not your fault and all that but you see in modern parenting if you beat, shout at or pyscologiclly admonish your offspring they will carry the scars for life, a 3 year old does not fully comprehend the logic of an adult. Bad parenting can lead to bed wetting and lack of confidence, a seasoned parent will just ignore or try to distract a child rather than use heavier means of punnishment, this gets easier with time, and most parents can block out the din and keep cool. Most crimes against children are because parents loose their cool, the reults can be very disturbing, so if you admit to not being able to keep your cool when a mere child is having a tantrum i suggest you give children a wide berth as if you act on your lack of cool and lash out you will fall foul to the legal proceedings of the free world and probably do some time...next time you fell 'un-cool' take deep breaths and count to ten, i mean, your admitting to harbouring rage against children....people frown on that these days me thinks.


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 4

Mike Zigrosi

Kids are very irritating but I bare it as I know that they have a reason for it as said above, they don't understand our logic. The ones that irritate me are the kids from around 6-10 who fully comprehend what is and isn't irritating but do it anyway!


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 5

PQ

I find screaming kids histerical - especially when they look around and realise that everyone is ignoreing them/laughing at them and suddenly stop crying and start hitting their little sister again (or start turning purple...hehehehehe)


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 6

nine.bar

I took my 4 year old shopping to a nearby town on saturday, they were having a pre-christmas fayre with rides and stalls in the town, whilst waiting for a bus she noticed a merry-go-round we had missed. She proceeded to scream and holler, people were staring, laughing and some no doubt some were annoyed; I just ignored it, explaining that as we only had bus fair to get home, another ride was impossible, very calmly, matter of fact, i could tell the elderly couple nearby thought i should have slapped or shouted to get her to behave, i just kept cool and told her gently that all this fuss was just wasted, she was using all her energy to scream and kick for absolutly nothing. Now, if i HAD
acted by using hard punnishment she would have shut up for fear that daddy would do it again. I was very proud of her as she at nearly four years old finaly got the logic i had
been giving her, very proud indeed.
In my mind you should never so much as stare down your children if you can help it as with patience and time they will learn.
Children of older ages that still behave badly were probably shouted at and beaten in their baby/toddler years instead of being nurtured and directed, lazy parenting.
Any parents or future parents as most of us are would be well advized that if you want respect from your kids you have to earn it, parental love is NOT un-conditional.
Kids, who'd 'av 'em!!
(hopefully not the kind that fly into rages at the mere sound of them!)........peace..x


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 7

Primord

people frown on that...

tough! I hate them screaming!
why their parents don't have the decency to control them is beyond me-it's a wonder they don't let them pee on the fruit-they jes don't care.

as for having no kids-well I don't believe in children born without being in a stable, married family life-may be old fashioned-but I don't want children until Mr Right is my husband smiley - laugh


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 8

nine.bar

So...what would you do if your kid was screaming, give us all you wisdom please, i would love to know.


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 9

Primord

I would do what my parents did with me-talk to me.

I have already said-parents ignoring their children is a disgrace-and you 'baby shaking' allegations are more than a little sick...

maybe you are a caring parent-or maybe you just haven't bothered to read what I've said.

alluding to prison sentences for child cruelty kind of smacks of being a little...on edge to put it politely.

I'd hardly call being annoyed at having my eardrums assaulted tantamount to being a Myra Hindly.


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 10

Mike Zigrosi

Okay I get the feeling that things are getting more than a little heated around here right now...

I would say that smacking children definitley should be made illegal as if they don't then it's just like saying "well that's assault but it's against a child so it's okay".

I alos feel that both nin and Primord's views are valid, I know plenty of people with kids and it's obvious that there isn't one universal way of hadnling kids as they're all different.

I shall now go and take cover before I get hurt smiley - winkeye


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 11

Mother Superior

I have read all the conversations you guys have been having and as a qualified child psycologist i would conclude that Mr.Nine Bar is correct in all he says and has stirred up feelings in all of us, the main killer of young children is caused by the stress of the early months of no sleep, constant crying etc...most deaths are caused bt loving parents brought into rages by lack os sleep etc. All Mr.Nine Bar is doing is helping all you prospective parents to understand the realiy of parenthood, I could do with people like that working in my profession. Primord seems to not see the connection with rage and child deaths as she is not aware of the statsistic as people in my line of work are, he has, it seems, seen first hand the horrors of child rage and for that he has my deepest sympathy, for all you not convinced by his word i urge you to read again without prejudice or personal feelings and take the words in.


Yours,
Patricia Stavershall
M.D.


screeeeaaaming kiddies

Post 12

Primord

pity people like you don't seem to be able to tell when a child is actually in danger...instead of jumping to hilariously erroneous conclusions.

the world is full of illeducated do-gooders.

it's a sign of the times-social workers who allow things to go on...and MD's who think they understand a tiny ickle comment.

Strange


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more