A Conversation for Talking Point: Losing your Cool!

umbrellas

Post 1

Loghue

Grrrrrrrr........... they're always at just the right height to gouge me in the face, whip out me eyes, do plenty of damage.

In the rain I have to walk with arms held rigid to either side of my head to knock the umbrellas out of my path. I once got so angry with a girlfriend's 'brolly' that kept attacking my face that I smashed it against a brick wall and stamped on it. She just bought a new one, probably with money she nicked from me.


umbrellas

Post 2

PQ

I wish people would at least pretend to be looking what they're doing with brollies...some people wave them around all over the show, others seem to deliberately hold them where theyll do the most damage.

Personally I think this is nothing to do with brollies and everything to do with short people smiley - sillysmiley - grr


umbrellas

Post 3

AEndr, The Mad Hatter

I was always taught as a child to be careful of my brolly. Grown up, I'm still short and prefer to use a rain coat than a brolly where possible. If I do end up with a brolly, I am as careful as I can be - sometimes having to choose to get wet rather than be dangerous in a crowd. People who are less careful and around my height, I can see would be dangerous to others.


umbrellas

Post 4

PQ

Oh good...I'm not the only female who would rather get a bit wet and have "hag-hair" than impale a few strangers.


umbrellas

Post 5

puzzlella (playing word games, solving puzzles)

I was never allowed an umbrella as a child. Last week I was rather amused to see a child in a pushchair holding an umbrella. Fortunately not in a crowd!


umbrellas

Post 6

Conceited Little Megapuppy - Inbound traveller and Unas Matriarch

I use a wide brimmed 'Tilley' hat. That won't blow inside out, won't poke anyone's eye out and, because it's got various straps to keep it on your head, won't blow away!

I have found it brilliant at keeping rain off, because it looks a bit silly and, whenever I wear it to avoid getting wet - it doesn't rain...

smiley - dog


umbrellas

Post 7

Loghue

brilliant! hag hair rules!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more