A Conversation for The Answer To The Ultimate Question Of Life, The Universe, And Everything

42

Post 121

Fluke

In case you're wondering why I posted twice, I just wanted to slap him around a bit more...


42

Post 122

Mr. Burns

I started reading this forum at the start (atleast, i think it was the start - with space and time you can never be sure, especially when contraceptives and time machines get involved) and decided to skip to the end. From this i have come up with a few conclusions.
1) Why is somebody slapping somebody? I have oviously missed an important/ funny bit and i'm deeply hurt.
2) I still can't work out how you change your name to a name and not a number.
3) That I'm very very impatient.
4) And I should be doing revision and not talking about forty two and slapping and names/numbers. But hey, the first test i've got is music, and I don't give a flying rats ass about it.

PS can any body help with the name/number thing? (27555... it's such a dorky name. Why not just call me Cecil and be done with it?)


42

Post 123

msmonsy

ok, it is quite simple actually. all you do is go back to your home page and click on my details at the left hand side of your screen. there you can add your name and your nickname. when you post a nickname then you will be known as more than just a number. tada!!!!!!!!


42

Post 124

MadMunk?¿

Umm, this may seem like a stoopid question, but since you've already changed your name (from Researcher XXXX, to Mr Burns) then how come your asking?


mr. burns

Post 125

FairlyStrange

hey,mad monk. i had some experience with this. he evidently figured it out. when i changed from a number to a name, the guide automatically removed my number from all entries, and replaced it with my nickname. congratulations, mr. burns!


mr. burns

Post 126

FairlyStrange

sorry about the misspell, there,MadMunk. you know what they say about us here in the deep south of the U.S.......weuns ain't got usins' much lurnin'.(hey, any excuse i can find)


on topic..

Post 127

Zach Garland

The answer to the Ultimate Question of Life the Universe and Everything is actually twenty-four. Deep Thought was dyslexic.


on topic..

Post 128

FairlyStrange

deep thought must have been programed with alabama ingrams. if he's dyslexic it couldn't be twenty-four, it wouuld have to be twody-four.smiley - smiley


on topic..

Post 129

Zach Garland

Uhm... yer hurtin' mah head dere. Stoppit. smiley - tongueout


on topic..

Post 130

msmonsy

zachsmind, you will have to pardon my husband there, he has been trapped in the black hole known mainly as the south for far too long. i keep telling him that they have medication to treat his condition but he just keeps rambling on about the conspiracy and that they are out there waiting for him. what can i say, i love him ,but, he needs help.


on topic..

Post 131

Zach Garland

There's nothing wrong with your husband. The conspiracy is out to get him. Please see http://www.h2g2.com/A72929 and it's accompanying links for details.

What I want to know is will ANYBODY help me write the sixth damned book? Am I all alone here? We have a whole new universe to explore dammit! Don't leave me hangin' people!

http://www.h2g2.com/P79977


on topic..

Post 132

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

I HAVE JOINED YOU, JUST MY STUPID, STUPID, STUPID COMPUTER WON'T LET ME EDIT THE FILE I'VE STARTED ON IT!!!!


on topic..

Post 133

Zach Garland

May not be your computer's problem. If you can access the rest of h2g2.com but not a particular user page you were working on, you may have messed up on the html tagging and that page has become inaccessible. I've run into that problem a number of times, and Jim Lynn has graciously helped me out of it. However, it's possible he has grown tired of cleaning up after mistakes made by me and anyone else who didn't even know XML existed prior to arriving here.

If you ask him REAL NICELY and promise never to do it again as soon as you find out what it was you did in the first place, explain the situation to Jim Lynn very succinctly and reverently, there's a very good chance he'll shine down upon you in that Powers That Be way of his and help you out.

Provided he's not off on another lunch break. Remember BE NICE! smiley - smiley

And thank him for the fish.


The question

Post 134

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

If you so much as mention the word random, I'll take your eyeballs out with a red hot poker.


42

Post 135

CTD

About the first part of the message, I just want to know why people are slapping ME! smiley - sadface


Eddie

Post 136

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

It's working now, most of the time.

Zaphara Beeblebrox


on topic..

Post 137

MadMunk?¿

I'll help you write your sixth book, sounds intriguing, but you'll have to wait for a bit, too many things to do, and all of that....smiley - fish


on topic..

Post 138

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

Hey, cool, more people to talk to at QuadBee!

Zaphara Beeblebrox who has got to get back to her page to write her chapter.


42

Post 139

Smiley Ben

You should count yourself lucky - I wanted you stoned! smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye


42

Post 140

Mr. Burns

Mr Burns has returned! Thanks to who ever told me how to change my number to name. When it said "you can change this in your home page" I thought it meant like the AOL or what ever server you use one you get when you first log on. Dur.

Any way, cheers. Oh and thanks to the Evil Bobchan, who is the only person so far to have talked to me about my best ever video games page.

And just to start the whole thing about the meaning of life off again, i would just like to say that it's not forty two. It's death and taxes.


Key: Complain about this post