h2g2 Post 21.06.01

1 Conversation



Posted: 21st June 2001

Editorial

It has been a very busy week here at the Post Office!

First we welcomed a new graphic artist to our fold. DoctorMO joins Amy the Ant as one of the select few who provide The Post with pictures.

On what was Father's Day in the UK,
Jim Lynn
became a proud daddy again! Congratulations go to Jim and Bernadette, not forgetting Charlotte, and a big 'welcome to the world' for Isobel.

Our pleas for more contributors to The Post seem to have finally born fruit! A new column Ask Prof, provided by PCT3 is due to start next week, Frankie Roberto is gearing up for a series of interviews along the lines of the old 1-2-1 format, and yet another h2g2er, Vivek, has contacted us with a view to contributing. Add to these a plethora of articles from old friends and new Researchers and we find that we have a good, solid team willing to make The Post an even better read.

On a completely different tack, if you enjoyed the total eclipse seen by many in Europe in August 1999, why not hop over to The BBC Science Pages on Thursday 21st June around 13.30 BST? They will be broadcasting a live 'streaming video' from Chisamba, north of Zambia's capital Lusaka so that you can all enjoy the first 'total' of the millennium. You will find all the information you need at the site mentioned above.


Any copy, articles, suggestions should be sent to The Editor. Please use this same address if you are interested in volunteering to become a regular contributor.

shazzPRME

FeaturesRegulars
  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A566642

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more