A Conversation for Goth - a Lifestyle Choice

Grebs

Post 61

Raven

aren't you guys just talking about a mosher?!?!


Grebs

Post 62

Raven

aren't you guys just talking about a mosher?!?!


Grebs

Post 63

Raven

aren't you guys just talking about a mosher?!?!


Grebs

Post 64

Raven

aren't you guys just talking about a mosher?!?!


Grebs

Post 65

Raven

aren't you guys just talking about a mosher


Grebs

Post 66

Raven

*steps away from computer* oops dam computer messing up


Grebs

Post 67

Researcher 185550

They might well be. They go under a variety of names. There was a greb in here a while back, may know the difference.


Grebs

Post 68

Gothic Dolly

Grebs (Greebo?) I know A cupple of Grebs hears what i think there link to goth-dom is....

Music:
They have a taste for goth music but also (some) listen to mainstreem punk-pop or pop as a whole.
clothing:
They wear Baggies a cupple of goth people i know of wear baggies.But to be a greb you totaly have to own atleest one pair of baggies!.They do some times wear gothic stile clothing.They do also wear Mainstreem clothing.
Make up:
Eyeliner the girls wear quite alot,boys only tend to wear it when some thing good is going on Eg:Partys,moshing.
Iv'e sean a few with very badly Aplyed Make up when there going to partys.Eg:White Paint and Black Eyeliner just Thrown on for Afect.
Attitude:mainly four tipes of moods they can go in to
Mood one:Bitchy attitude (Mainly to piss of there mum/dad any one they can piss of they will)
Mood two:Nice happy go Lucky people who love every one and think the whole non Mainstreem thing is Grate
Mood three:Mainstreem mood.
Mood four:Anti people f**k the world i want to Slit my wrists and listen to Slipknot mood and Bleed to death also kill every one i hate and my mum and dad and Little Sister....

there link to goth is there more closer to the goth-gothic way of thinking as most people have said befor its back to state of mind agen..there goth in mind but still dont want to be rejected by the main streem and want to make a point at the same time by the Anti people way of thinking....Where as goths dont give a shit.

Yes i know what im talking about i have 3 Greb Friends or people i know and they are just like that....its madness *Laughs*


Grebs

Post 69

Raven

what you just described sounds alot like the moshers in my area


Grebs

Post 70

Researcher 185550

It sounds, to me, a perfect description of a greb. Mebbe grebs are moshers under a different name, I don't know.


Grebs

Post 71

CALIFORNIA BLONDE STUCK IN HOUSTON HELL

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD HAVE NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME! WHO CARES!


Grebs

Post 72

Researcher 185550

It's leisure, and information. One cannot stay bettering one's mind all day. It drives you crazy.

Besides this affects a large amount of people.

So in answer to your question, we care.


Grebs

Post 73

CALIFORNIA BLONDE STUCK IN HOUSTON HELL

HOW COULD IT REALLY EVER EFFECT YOU? LABELING PEOPLE HAS NEVER BEEN A GOOD THING! IT'S WHAT CAUSES DISCRIMINATION


Grebs

Post 74

Researcher 185550

It could affect me if I was a goth.

People like to label themselves, to conform to a group's standards. The group does not exist because of the label, the label exists because of a group.

The label does not discriminate. People discriminate. The label says "These people are like this, they do things in this way". If you discriminate against them because of that that's your own fault.


Grebs

Post 75

CALIFORNIA BLONDE STUCK IN HOUSTON HELL

I don't label myself and I don't conform myself to a groups standards.I don't know anyone who labels themselves to conform to a groups standards infact I don't know anyone who wants to be labeled!

I am myself, I am an individual! There is no one else who thinks or acts in the exact way I do. I am sure that the "grebs" you are talking about do not think all the same People who feel like they have to conform to a group and want to be labeled have self esteem issues!


Grebs

Post 76

Researcher 185550

I don't label myself, but the group around me is the group around me because we are similar. No one thinks the same way. But people can think in similar ways.


Grebs

Post 77

CALIFORNIA BLONDE STUCK IN HOUSTON HELL

Then maybe you labeling yourself by not having a more diverse crowd of friends. My friends range from a Muslim women from Jordan who is only living here because her parents arranged a marriage with a man here , to a Drag Queen and every other thing in between.


Grebs

Post 78

Researcher 185550

I commend you for your open mindedness.

But I would say that, though I have this group of friends, I do not limit myself to them. These are just my particularly close friends; the ones I "hang out" with, take my problems to.


Grebs

Post 79

CALIFORNIA BLONDE STUCK IN HOUSTON HELL

I hope that you don't limit yourself to just one group of friends because to be a true individual and to really know who you and what you believe you need to experience people and cultures that are different from you. I truely believe that if we all know more about other people and other cultures we might get along better.

I have spent most of my life in California but I have lived in several different places like Hawaii, Germany,Washington D.C and Japan just to name a few (dad was in the Air Force) and I have meet many different kinds of people and I have learned from them. It makes you better able to understand where people are coming from.When I was old enough to know about or care about the whole Middle East Muslims against Christians and vice versa I went out and got a copy of the Koran and read it. It told me we are no different! It's the Old Testament of the Bible!

Basically what I saying is that everyone has something in common and by labeling people, by not educating ourselves and not being strong enough to break out of "the group" we are creating prejudice against others.


Grebs

Post 80

Researcher 185550

As I have said, I certainly do not limit myself to one group of friends.

What I am saying is, though people have something in common, there are those that may have more in common with a certain group or sector than they do with others. They will probably get on better with those people (though this by no means limits them from getting on with other people). Let us say that goths get on with other goths. Let us say that grebs get on with other grebs. But what is a goth, what is a greb? Those interested may wish to define those, may not be part of that group but be interested in why they are different from the "normal". That is why we are doing this.


Key: Complain about this post