h2g2 Post 27.12.1999

0 Conversations


Posted: 27th December 1999

Out With The Old; In With The New

Whether it be the Millennium or not doesn't really matter; as you have most probably already heard, many experts state that the millennium does not occur until next year. What is important is the coming new year and many computers are still not bug free... I checked mine and it didn't change the year correctly, so I did it manually and ran my computer for 10 days without any noticeable problems, but as I do not use the internal date for most of my programs... no problems arose.

The New year is for ringing out the old and bringing in the new. After spending many pleasurable hours formulating and producing the POST, I have decided to let the two people who put most into making it work take over the every day running of the paper. That is Shazz and Pastey. Pastey will be totally responsible for producing the paper and, as our 'Webmaster', he will have the final say on how it looks and general design. Shazz, as our new 'Managing Editor' (Kinda like an Editorial Chief) will have the final say on what is published. Any queries on these subjects should be addressed to them. I shall still be around but, due to pressure of work, it will not be as much as I would like. May the POST prosper and I will check the books from time to time to make sure it is making a profit:-).

Love the Christmas look of h2g2 and the Christmas Card is brilliant. I am glad to see the idea of an email sent to all Researchers from the Towers is now a reality, if you haven't checked your email lately then do it now.

These are my last word as Managing Editor... the next will be from Shazz.
vegiman

Hi there, fellow Researchers and, as I say on my homepage, 'rest assured' that there will be no noticeable changes in the style and content of the 'Post' We especially look forward to you all contacting us if (or when) you have something of interest to share
with this vibrant h2g2 community. We hope to have a simpler way for you to offer articles for publishing set up soon! May I express my thanks to Vegiman, who did such a great job of instigating the whole idea of a weekly online newspaper for h2g2. I am fully aware that
this is 'his baby' and will try to feed it, burb it, change its' nappy, and generally look after it for him. This edition may appear a little sparse... we have still tried to include the regular features... and, in the time-honoured tradition of newspapers around the world, there will be NO Post next week! We hope to be back with
you all on January 10th.

Have a wonderful 'New Year'... See you all in the next millennium!
shazzPRME

  • Take 5


  • Each week there are twenty five new Approved Guide entries added to
    the list. Here we round up this weeks best additions.

  • Agony Aunt

  • h2g2 is not a 'normal' community, it doesn't have 'normal' problems, therefore a 'normal' Agony Aunt would be useless. Ours is far from 'normal'.

  • Fun With Santa


  • Santa moved into h2g2 over the Christmas period, we've grab some of the best bits said in his forums.

  • Santa in Ozland


  • A light hearted look at how the traditional image of Santa Claus doesn't fit for all parts of the globe.

  • SETI


  • A lot of people in h2g2 are interested in SETI, so we asked one of our reporters to find out more about it.

  • The Think Tank


  • A central point to exchange ideas on articles. Whether you're
    writing a future Guide entry and want some help with spelling, grammar
    or content, or you have a few moments to spare and wish to proof read
    for a fellow researcher, this is the place.


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A473311

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more