A Conversation for Harry Potter

The Future....

Post 321

The Rogue aka Phoniex

smeh, I read David Eddings but he'd not done any more Belgarion books smiley - sadface


The Future....

Post 322

Yelbakk

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Harry will not survive the last book. That is to say, not survive as the sometimes happy boy we got to know in book 1, 2, and three. The turn he has taken since Goblet of Fire (towards more pain and seclusion) will continue. In the end, even though he may physically survive, he will not be able to enjoy a happy life.


The Future....

Post 323

The Rogue aka Phoniex

Poor Harry, I hope he smiles in the last books!


The Future....

Post 324

Yelbakk

Well, don't we all hope that? But how about if it happens like this: we know that the last word of the last book will be "scar," right? So here we go:

"And as the deadliest curse began to take effect on him, as all life fled out of his tortured body, he looked for the last time at his reflection in the mirror and, dying, he finally smiled at his scar."

Oooh smiley - sadface

Y.


The Future....

Post 325

The Rogue aka Phoniex

Well I hope that won't happen, for a start HP IS supposed to be a children's book!


The Future....

Post 326

Yelbakk

Well, I have been over that question with most of my family over and over and over and still over again. I actually think that even though HP started out as a children's book, it no longer is. As Harry grows older, so does the audience the books are written for. I doubt that many 11 year old boys and girls will actually understand the torments of puberty that Harry goes through, for example.

Y.


The Future....

Post 327

The Rogue aka Phoniex

smiley - erm


The Future....

Post 328

Farlander

gotta agree with you on that one, yelbakk. the first two fit nicely into the children's category (although i know a great many adults who enjoyed it at least as much!). the third was verging on young adults, and the fourth even more so. the *fifth* was verging on marquis de sade! as it is, i'm not sure how parents of younger children are dealing with the book and their kids and explaining to them how it isn't real, because i'm *pretty* sure that the story would be at least a little traumatic to the younger ones...

(good last paragraph, by the way. of course we're on to that wild speculation thingy again! but excellent bit, all the same smiley - ok)


The Future....

Post 329

Catwoman

When I was eleven I was reading the 'young adults' books. Generally don't kids prefer to read about people older than them, cos they always do more exciting things? And saying that the audience grows with the characters ignores a vital point about books as a medium - that they stay on the shelf and get read by more kids, unlike films which leave the cinema and may not be kept.

It works the same with magazines: (girls' ones at least) 'just seventeen' was read when we were 14 or 15, by the time we actually were 17 we were onto '19', etc.


The Future....

Post 330

The Rogue aka Phoniex

My mum had to watch me in the library, because if she let me alone I'd go and look at the Young Adult section and that was slightly advanced for a 8 year old! I didn't understand most of it but I could read quite well and all the interesting books in the Younger Section I'd read!


The Future....

Post 331

Black Cheetah: The Veggie Black Cat (Have two accounts for some reason!)

i just wanted to point out to you...dont remember where I read it...I think at the www.hp-lexicon.org recommended by www.jkrowling.com last month that...

in an interview JK Rowling says that the entire series is a very dark series and majority of the people in the book are supposed to die off.

Black Cheetah - smiley - somersaultsmiley - blackcat


The Future....

Post 332

Patches (God of nothing worth being a God of) Ps: 24-4+13+0+9=42!!!!!

since tha last entry was so long ago, i thought i'd ressurect this thread. 1stly, how wrong could you have BEEN. on DD being immortal, he was killed in 6! whether he was immortal or not, doesn't matter! i'm guessing he wasn't, but that's beside the point.

Harry got 2gether with Ginny (HAH!), & Ron & Hermione r 2gether 2.

Snape is NOT Harry's father, & neither is Lupin.


The Future....

Post 333

ArthurDentrules

the kids are brilliant
smiley - smileysmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post