A Conversation for Belgium
Horse with no name Started conversation Apr 30, 2001
One of the most important inventions of the 19th-20th century is (I think) the dynamo, invented by a Belgian called (?) Gramme.
Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42] Posted Aug 13, 2001
Stunt Posted May 29, 2002
don't forget Adolphe Sax, inventor of the saxophone.
DogManStar Posted Jul 8, 2002
...and Eddie Merckx, perhaps the greatest racing cyclist of all time, and certainly the hardest to spell.
And Tintin, if he hasn't already been mentioned.
Loup Dargent Posted Nov 8, 2002
lefthanded Posted Feb 4, 2003
.....not forgetting Jacky Ickx - the equally unspellable six-times winner of the Le Mans 24-hour race.
Elentari Posted Feb 4, 2003
How about the great tennis players? I'm British, but I think that Henin-Hardenne, Clijsters and Malisse should be on the list.
petrarca Posted Dec 31, 2003
Also it were belgians who invented the jojo and chewing gum, though I don't know the names. God I love Belgium !!!
Rosa Baggins, (see LOTR appendix Hobbits Family trees for more information) Posted Jan 2, 2004
A Super Furry Animal Posted Jul 13, 2004
Loup Dargent Posted Jul 13, 2004
This one seems to work...
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: Horse with no name (Apr 30, 2001)
- 2: Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42] (Aug 13, 2001)
- 3: Stunt (May 29, 2002)
- 4: DogManStar (Jul 8, 2002)
- 5: Loup Dargent (Nov 8, 2002)
- 6: lefthanded (Feb 4, 2003)
- 7: Elentari (Feb 4, 2003)
- 8: petrarca (Dec 31, 2003)
- 9: Rosa Baggins, (see LOTR appendix Hobbits Family trees for more information) (Jan 2, 2004)
- 10: A Super Furry Animal (Jul 13, 2004)
- 11: Loup Dargent (Jul 13, 2004)