h2g2 20th Anniversary Meet - 27th-28th April 2019

7 Conversations

A beer glass.

The 20th Anniversary Meet is coming up!

Where?

In London.

Due to a clash of values between this international website and the Wetherspoon’s pub chain, we will not be meeting at the Shakespeare’s Head.

The Core Team have found another place literally a block away, with wheelchair access and acccessible facilities.

All Bar One, on Kingsway, will accommodate us. Do they know what they’ve agreed to? Probably not…

The address is: 58 Kingsway, Holborn, London, Greater London, WC2B 6DX

Nearest Tube station : Holborn.

When?

On the week-end of 27th-28th April 2019.

The pub will have tables booked for us 12 noon to 5 pm on the Saturday.

There can be a Friday Fringe for the early-arrivers, there can be a Sunday Supplement for the late-leavers.

The Friday Fringe is traditionally at the George Inn in Southwark. Their beer garden may or may not be comfortable in late April.

What?

There are a number of points of interest not far from the venue. To name but a few:

  • Sir John Soane’s Museum is just round the corner.
  • The British Museum is a little farther away (10 minutes).
  • The British Library is under half an hour away on foot.
  • Some of us are planning to just sit around in the pub all afternoon.
  • Others are interested in visiting the Postal Museum, which has an underground railway.
  • There will be a quiz starting around 5pm.
  • There will also be a name tag competition. Be creative, wild or classic, so many possibilities!
  • Who?

    If anyone interested would please sign up in the thread below, stating if they’re definites or maybes, we’ll try and keep a list up to date.

    Friday Fringe:
    Bald Bloke, Milla, Superfrenchie

    Saturday at the pub:
    cactuscafe, minorvogonpoet, SashaQ, Superfrenchie

    Saturday at the Postal Museum:
    Bald Bloke, MMF and partner, Sho, Wand’rin Star

    Saturday somewhere:
    2legs and W, Brian Larholm, Milla, paulh, Pegasus, Robbie Stamp

    Sunday Supplement:
    Wand’rin Star, Bald Bloke, Sho, Milla, Superfrenchie

    Please do note : there will be people wanting to take pictures, and there will be people not wanting their picture taken. Please be respectful of others and don't take someone's picture without permission!


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A87931290

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more