h2g2 Post 18.04.02

3 Conversations


Posted: 18th April 2002

Editorial

I must be getting old!

I was engaged, with TowelMaster, to run the small bar at Het Kasteel on Saturday night. It was one of the biggest parties of the year with a popular band called Van Dik Hout playing to a full-capacity crowd. Normally shared between three workers, the duties involved serving behind the bar and DJing - plus ensuring that the room was tidy both before and after hours.

Sadly, for me, the room was in quite a state when we arrived, so I spent quite a while crawling about behind the bar clearing up the mess and debris. Not a major problem except that, at some stage, I managed to twist my back and spent the rest of the night in a somewhat uncomfortable state. The evening was a great success despite this - although it sometimes felt as though we needed two pairs of hands each instead of the assigned one pair. Still, I survived and managed to return home intact.

It was on Sunday that I realised that my back was still complaining, however. Luckily we have a heat lamp and some powerful ointment akin to Deep Heat so, with a little TLC and a rather lazy few days, I seem to have persuaded it to stop creaking and aching.

Anyway, on to this edition of The Post. Ormy returns in triumph - well worth a read - as is Awix who compensates for his absence last week with a quadrupal offering. Also making a welcome return is Greebo with two offerings; the Horror Scope and a poem. AGG celebrate their twentieth appearance with a bumper crop, but sea has decided to keep readers in suspense over who the universe's biggest DNA fan is!

Two other things worthy of note are the May Day service offered by the Hermes Messenger Service and the new fantasy land Knights of h2g2 - you can learn more about both in the Announcements section.

Enjoy!

Stop Press! Important Message

As you know there's a tribute documentary under production and one of the people interviewed was Dave Gilmour, who said he had a video tape from the show in which Douglas appeared. Now Dave can't find the tape, and the producers (Joel and Rick) are desperate to include some video shots of Douglas in the documentary.

They need to get in touch with anyone who has video recordings of that particular show, which was at Earls Court on October 28, 1994.

Contact The Duke of Dunstable if you can help!


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars
  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A725609

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more