A Conversation for Ask h2g2

how dumb? Very!

Post 7841

REDBONES68

thanks moth for the compliment, i tend to think outside the box while i'm locked up in it.smiley - cheers

how dumb? Very!

Post 7842

pedro

try this website, full adress not supplied for obvious reasons....
okay it's not constructive or anything, but I liked it.smiley - cool

www.f***thesouth.com

how dumb? Very!

Post 7843

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

>> It is theorized that any values or Religion or behaviors taught to you in the first ten years of life or so will stick with you your whole life. <<
~*~Well it didn't work in my case.~*~

Or mine. But consider this, when you were in those Christian Classes, how much of the time was actually spent paying attention, doing the homework, and taking in the information. If it's not very much then it could be concluded that you weren't actually "taught" the stuff, so to speak. If it is a significant portion then, like I say, this ~is~ a theory; though it seems to make sense.

'Technological Development and an Educational System doesn't really effect any Religious opinion.'
~*~Untrue - or we would still be in the dark ages.~*~

Religion (at least in my community) is still just as strong now as it would have been then. The only real difference is that we don't have public Witch Burnings; so to speak. (a.k.a. Religion retains the same amount of power, but it has itself evolved to suit the public behavior of the present time.)

smiley - boing

how dumb? Very!

Post 7844

~*~www.f***thesouth.com~*~

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

smiley - boing

how dumb? Very!

Post 7845

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

I'm sick of all this mumbling about religion - I'm sure there's plenty of Americans who couldn't care less about the literalness of it. I keep hearing how there's 2 tribes in America; the coastal intellectuals and the mid west bornagains. There's 2 lots here in the UK, the townies and the countryside folk. In the Ukraine we have the west and the east.........Is the whole world turning into 2 tribes?

how dumb? Very!

Post 7846

Baron Grim

It always has been as it always will be...

Us and Them!

how dumb? Very!

Post 7847

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

John Lennon said it all in Imagine.......................smiley - peacedove

how dumb? Very!

Post 7848

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

I find smiley - peacedoves ever so irritating

how dumb? Very!

Post 7849

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Because they perch over your automobile or because they look unaerodynamic?

smiley - tongueout

how dumb? Very!

Post 7850

REDBONES68

well i think that they taste everso good with some rice and colyflower....smiley - cheers

how dumb? Very!

Post 7851

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Roasted peace dove? I think you may just get some nasty comparisons and personal attacks for that one! smiley - yikes

(Not from me, of course. I'm being nicer than ever to USians while Jr. is in my country. smiley - winkeye)

how dumb? Very!

Post 7852

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

I smiley - lovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedoves

how dumb? Very!

Post 7853

Baron Grim

smiley - empty
___
smiley - peacedove

Getit?
smiley - laugh

how dumb? Very!

Post 7854

REDBONES68

well ok, they are a little gamey but to a homeless person that wouldn't eat anything, i think that it would probably taste like a chicken dinner to him.smiley - evilgrin
i heard that jr. is getting his butt chewed out in canada for the war, and he should be!! as i am an american, i do not believe in this was and i am not an arrogant person like he is. i believe in getting our own house in order rather than someone elses that has the money to take care of themselves. after fallugha or how ever you spell it, we are going to rebuild that rock garden with my tax dollars and i can't even afford to have health care for my children. i sure would like to give that jackass a peice of my mind about that one.smiley - evilgrin

how dumb? Very!

Post 7855

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Dove under glass with rice and cauliflower......hmmmmm. Needs some colour.

We have an organisation here in Canada which I had never heard of until his visit. Lawyers Against War (LAW). It seems they want to have him arrested for crimes against humanity under international law, not to mention laws and treaties he's broken that the US signed in the past. Hmmmm. What are the chances of that summons being delivered, I wonder. smiley - laugh We do love our street theatre here in the frozen north. I'm just surprised he's visiting at all, he had only been to one other country before he became prez- a beer trip to Mexico as a student. Isolationist? Naw, just shy! smiley - tongueout

how dumb? Very!

Post 7856

REDBONES68

well my gracious neighbor to the north, how could i persuade you to get those guys to hand him one of those? or maybe a public humiliation ceremony where he has to dress like ragedy ann or andy? or where a umpapa outfit with lieterhosen? and make that jackass dance to a polka? i think that might be a suitable punishment to start with for all his crap!!smiley - evilgrin

how dumb? Very!

Post 7857

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<< Lawyers Against War (LAW). It seems they want to have him arrested for crimes against humanity under international law, not to mention laws and treaties he's broken that the US signed in the past.>>

Brilliant! I think I heard something on local radio about that this morning - the very Americanised media here were spluttering indignantly. But wouldn't it be great?

how dumb? Very!

Post 7858

REDBONES68

well that would get some peoples attention, woulnd't it? just get some gray suit lawyer to hand down a warrant against the president of the united states

how dumb? Very!

Post 7859

Moth

We were supposed to have gone to war with Iraq to save ourselves from Weapons of Mass Destruction. There weren't any. Then we were supposed to have gone to war because of Saddam's brutal dictatorship,(while leaving other brutal dictators alone. Mugabe?) torture and interrogations. What exactly does Mr Bush call what's going on in his prison camps? Internment without trial or representation, and torture (according to the Red Cross) what's the difference between those methods and the ones we're claiming to irradicate in Iraq? Why is the world so blind (somehow) to there being very little difference in Hussien's tactics to keep power and what the Americans have sunk to in Guatemala bay for the same reasons. Is Guatemala Bay an indicator of democracy at work? Would any other country have gotten away with actions that contravene the Geneva convention so badly and so blatantly?
We were also supposed to have gone to war in Iraq to fight al quada's brand of terrorism, and now Iraq has terrorist moving in.
What are we doing?

how dumb? Very!

Post 7860

Failing. Miserably.

smiley - boing

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more