A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where have you found references to Douglas Adams?

Post 1

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

As one does, I was reading law review articles about writing law review articles, and I was rather amused to come across this:

You can make your article original in three ways. First, even if you deal with a subject that isn't new, you can produce an original conclusion. For example, if every scholar in history has concluded that 6 x 9 = 54, you can write an article concluding that 6 x 9 = 42. 20

In which case you would have a bestseller. See Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe 210-14 (New York, 1980).

C. Steven Bradford, As I Lay Writing: How to Write Law Review Articles for Fun and Profit: A Law-and-Economics, Critical, Hermeneutical, Policy Approach and Lots of Other Stuff That Thousands of Readers Will Find Really Interesting and Ther, 44 J. Legal Educ. 13, 15–16 (1994)

As I recall, I cited to him in one of my papers in law school. I think it was for my paper in International Criminal Law that I did on drone strikes.

Have you seen his work pop up in unexpected places?

smiley - 2cents

Post 2

Baron Grim

Google "what is the answer?"

Post 3

Baron Grim

Also works in Wolfram Alpha.

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I haven't found many references to him lately.

Post 5

SashaQ - happysad

I was surprised he wrote a foreword to a book about archaeology so I wrote an Entry about it! A87939472

Post 6

coelacanth

False Value, the eighth novel in The Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. It's packed with references to the books.
smiley - bluefish

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post