A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lockdown.

Post 421

paulh, making lemonade from the lemons that life has given me

No one will be allowed to be complacent.

Lockdown.

Post 422

Baron Grim

HAH! smiley - laugh

Have you met Florida? Have you met Texas?
My state leaders aren't just complacent, they're indignant!

Lockdown.

Post 423

I think the post I was replying to was from someone in the U.K., not the U.S.

Texas and Florida are a different matter. smiley - sadface

Lockdown.

Post 424

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Yes..UK resident.
smiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - choc

Lockdown.

Post 425

I'm sure there/are complacent people in the U.K, Like Mr. Humphrey, who caught Covid and suddenly got serious.

Trump caught it too, but it didn't have the same transformation. smiley - sadface

Lockdown.

Post 426

Teasswill

I suspect people in my local town have got complacent, as cases have surged there. May not be such serious effects as pre vaccination, but there still needs to be caution.

Lockdown.

Post 427

You can call me TC

Yesterday I had my first jab. I am amazed that I haven't had any after effects except for my arm hurting.

Lockdown.

Post 428

I had the same reaction, plus some chills. I can't guarantee that my chills were connected to the vaccination, though.

Lockdown.

Post 429

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well what we all going to do WHEN and IF lockdown ends? I have to admit I'm feeling somewhat terrified of actually going anywhere out of my locality.smiley - tea

Lockdown.

Post 430

Teasswill

I won't be going abroad just yet, that's for sure. Probably start with a meal out with friends, maybe local cinema. Will just be good to have local activity groups meeting face to face again.
Autumn we have panto rehearsals scheduled, will be very strange.

Lockdown.

Post 431

My tenants' Association has started having board meetings again. it's nice. smiley - smiley

Lockdown.

Post 432

My son who is 33 gets his first jab today. His sister 35 is rather jealous but as she lives in Norwich I suspect there's a lot of people waiting there.

smiley - tea

Lockdown.

Post 433

I ignore any speculation that comes from Rand Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJ1JpnkVc8

Lockdown.

Post 434

Baron Grim

O4FS! smiley - facepalm

btw... did you intentionally respond to Post 20? smiley - laugh

Lockdown.

Post 435

Massachusetts has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country -- more than half the population. The law of diminishing returns is starting to kick in. There's maybe a third of the population that is resistant to getting vaccinated. Some will eventually get vaccinated, but varying amounts of effort will have to be mustered to get them to accept it. One approach is to make availability so overwhelming that few people can complain that it's too hard to get vaccinated.

New York is starting to offer free tickets and other inducements for tourists who want to visit. Rewards, in effect.

Yesterday there were *no* deaths from Covid-19 in Massachusetts. The number of Cases is steadily slipping.

I feel bad for the people in India, where he medical infrastructure can't handle the huge caseload. Plus, India has some of the wort air pollution in the world. This has to play havoc with people who get pneumonia as part of Covid-19.

Lockdown.

Post 436

Teasswill

UK daily deaths now well below those of cancer & heart disease & new cases hovering around 2,000 daily. We just need to make sure we keep it that low.
I'm concerned about all the movement allowed in & out of the country.

At least I'm getting my second jab tomorrow.

Lockdown.

Post 437

It's a big, strange world. smiley - earth

Lockdown.

Post 438

Me and him jabbed twice,son jabbed once(33) and my daughter (38) next tuesday for a first jab. smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

Lockdown.

Post 439

Teasswill

Had second jab this morning. But wasn't offered a sticker smiley - sadface

Lockdown.

Post 440

You're lucky not to have to deal with the U.S. version of politics.
Vaccinations have almost entirely dated from the administration of our new president. The previous one still won't admit that he lost the election. smiley - sadface

Compared to that Meghan Markle is small potatoes. of course, we have her, too. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Lockdown.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more