A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lockdown.

Post 401

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

First vaccination speed lagged due to vaccine availability, now they have enough, but the capacity of the call-centres to make an appointment is insufficient to use full capacity. What will be the next excuse?

Lockdown.

Post 402

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The much-heralded Johnson and Johnson vaccine hit a speed bump: a lot of doses were ruined accidentally.

Lockdown.

Post 403

Teasswill

Agree, things still seem to be going in the right direction.
But we won't be able to see the effect of all this weekend's eager family etc meets & Easter holiday activities before the scheduled further opening on 12 May (to coincide with schools returning).

Interesting that the legislation allowing public body meetings (Parish Councils etc) to have video meetings expires 6 May, so they will be forced back to face to face meetings despite all the restrictions on the buildings where they usually meet.

Lockdown.

Post 404

Might they renew the legislation?

Lockdown.

Post 405

Teasswill

Doubt it. Our local PC has rescheduled its May meeting to a different night to get in a virtual meet before the closing date. In June they will have to be back in our village hall, all socially distanced and mask wearing...

Lockdown.

Post 406

If everyone is six feet apart, will they all fit?

Lockdown.

Post 407

Teasswill

We have a large hall they can use, but it will be quite difficult unless people speak up. I've had a committee meeting in my garden with 6 people at 2m, was hard to hear everyone.

Some PCs only have a small room available, don't know what they'll do. Meet outdoors maybe?

Lockdown.

Post 408

If everyone was fully vaccinated, could they be closer to each other?

Lockdown.

Post 409

Teasswill

Not under the current rules.
Interesting the arguments about 'COVID passports' that's going on.

Lockdown.

Post 410

Maybe the mayor can stay inside and everyone else has to shout in through the windows.

Lockdown.

Post 411

Six feet is an average. The real safety zone could be between three and twelve feet. I don' think anyone is really sure.

Lockdown.

Post 412

Baron Grim

Now that I've had my second jab and my parents had theirs over a month ago, I've been venturing out and seeing old friends and drinking buddies and as far as I can tell nearly every single one of them got the covid. smiley - facepalm

Lockdown.

Post 413

Teasswill

The air flow etc is all important too. Certainly better to be outdoors, but if you're downwind of someone with covid, that's not so good.
If you're near enough to feel their breath on your face, that's far too close!

Lockdown.

Post 414

Soon *everyone* here will be eligible to get vaccinated. Not everyone will want to. Who knows if supply will be ample?

Lockdown.

Post 415

Currently they are down to ages 74-75 around here. At this rate my turn will be in a few years time I guess...

Lockdown.

Post 416

Sometimes exceptions are made.

The City came yo my Trailer park and vaccinated any one who showed up, though they only brought 35 doses. About 50 showed up. Hence the issue of availability.

Lockdown.

Post 417

You can call me TC

My hubbie has had his first jab. I can now register, but no idea how long it will be till I am called up. The group 60-69 is rather large.

Lockdown.

Post 418

The government paused the much-heralded Johnson and Johnson vaccine because half a dozen recipients had a rare clotting problem. Less than a week later, the issue was revisited, and J&J use was resumed.

Lockdown.

Post 419

Teasswill

I fear that the UK success will give people a false sense of security & that sooner or later a variant will arrive that is resistant to the vaccine. We need to do more to help other countries get vaccinated.
With people keen to go off abroad etc, risk of cases rising again, even if not the same degree of intensive care & deaths as before. Could still be a big impact on the way society operates.

Lockdown.

Post 420

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Had my second jab today.Life is slowly returning to a semblance of normality but I'm hoping that as lockdown eases we don't get complacent.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more