Just waiting for my second head....smiley - winkeye

Fame!

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

They're brewing it as we speak. smiley - winkeye

Fame!

Post 23

Researcher5

what scene were you an extra in Chariots of Fire? They filmed that in my first year at Cambridge and a number of friends were in the " Freshers Fair" scene. I still have a black and white photo of the extras and the main cast from those days of filming. It was moved by how a bunch of late seventies students given the right hair cut and clothes did indeed look like our grandfathers when they were that age!

Fame!

Post 24

swl

A friend of mine was an extra on Chariots of Fire - parts of it were shot around East Wemyss and on St Andrews beach. He's the one near the back of the group running along the sands - staring straight into the camera and grinning like a loon!

Fame!

Post 25

I remember "Chariots of Fire" fondly smiley - ok. Especially Ben Cross, who fell under my radar after "Far Pavilions." Then he got recent roles in "Star Trek" and "Jack the Giant Killer," so maybe his star is rising again.

Fame!

Post 26

FWR

Sadly just a crowd scene in the Olympic Stadium in Paris.....erm , ok actually the local sports centre which apparently boasted a similar old fashioned cinder track - of course that was back in the days when I only had the two arms, the left one coming in handy for sporting a rather frowned upon digital watch! smiley - run

Fame!

Post 27

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

My physics teacher at school was in Chariots of Fire. He's of Italian origin (and looks very Italian) and played one of the Italian runners in one of the races. He mentioned it in passing in one class and I forgot about it - probably not believing him - until years later when I saw the film again....

Wonderful film. Must watch it again now that I'm a runner too smiley - smiley

Fame!

Post 28

coelacanth

I've done quite a bit of extras work, but that's been in the Post before: A87776383

I did work backstage for a week on the Sooty stage show in the late 1970s. Matthew Corbett was brilliant.
smiley - bluefish

Fame!

Post 29

Icy North

I can only imagine the backstage antics: trashed dressing rooms, groupies, illicit substances...

Fame!

Post 30

Pink Paisley

I was in a TV programme about music in schools in 1969.

I was playing a Xylophone with a friend (I think it was Roger Atkinson). We had composed a tune specially. I think it was called 'Feasts' and was about 2 bars long. We were on screen for, oooh, moments.

I wasn't in Chariots of Fire.

PP

Fame!

Post 31

Neither was I.

Fame!

Post 32

Bluebottle

Nor me - I think we're in the minority...

<BB<

Fame!

Post 33

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

I sold a pair of jeans to Eric Sykes in Melbourne about 1974.

Some one beat that then.

(warning I have kept a few other 'Fames' in the locker in the unlikely case of this being topped)

Fame!

Post 34

FWR

My smiley - dog was on Treasure Hunt back in the Ms. Rice days!smiley - drumroll

Fame!

Post 35

FWR

Wow he did look remarkably like this smiley - dog too, Goddess bless him.

Fame!

Post 36

My pumpkin won first prize at the town fair one year smiley - winkeye

Fame!

Post 37

pebblederook-The old guy wearing surfer beads- what does he think he looks like?

Back in the days of ye I was a rock star (fourth grade). As a result of a deliberately weighted vote (Brexit vote class 2) we were voted the best whatever and part of the prize was a visit to London, a demo recording session, and a meal at the Angus Steak House.

Heady stuff but it gets better. We were also guests on the recording of the Radio Luxembourg Teen and Twenty Disc Club hosted by some DJ called Jimmy Saville (whatever happened to him?).

Those of a certain age may remember this show. Lots of music played to a room full of bopping, chatting teenagers. And there we were in a studio with no-one but the blonde bloke, a large cigar, and a sound engineer. Jim, as we called him, would do his spiel, introduce the record, 'cut', take a puff of his cigar, and then introduce the next song. Everything else was edited in later, including the music, and the audience, the star's contribution lasted less than twenty minutes.

Mr Wilson, for the defence:
'Mr Pebblederook, were there any young ladies present at this time?'
Mr Pebble:
'No sir, there were not.'
Mr Wilson:
'Can you categorically assert this Mr Pebble?'
Mr Pebble:
'Yes sir, we had already removed them into the back of our Transit van.'

Fame!

Post 38

smiley - laugh

Fame!

Post 39

Pink Paisley

I was born in the same maternity hospital as Will Carling.

Separated by 7 and a half years though.

PP.

Fame!

Post 40

Bluebottle

Considering there's only one hospital on the Isle of Wight, I suspect I was born in the same hospital as everyone who's been born on the Isle of Wight who didn't have a home birth or pop out in the ambulance on the way...

But we could well ask if anyone famous worked where you did, or went to the same school etc? If so, has it had any impact?

My old school appears in the film 'That'll Be The Day' starring Ringo Starr and David Essex. Famous pupils include half of Level 42 and Sir Anthony Mingella.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post