A Conversation for Ask h2g2

False Advertising

Post 81

Xanatic

Also, bananas are radioactive.

False Advertising

Post 82

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

In that case, I guess I'm well rid of them. Besides, I get lots of Omega 3 fatty acids from the cage-free eggs that I buy.

False Advertising

Post 83

towelshop

How do you stop them flying round if you don't have a cage smiley - winkeye

I have something cooked each morning e.g eggs (2) or gammon and eggs, or bacon and eggs or sausage and eggs. And I've lost 2 stone. CARBS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND. now that's what they should put on a packet of cornflakes/ bran flakes

False Advertising

Post 84

SashaQ - happysad

I eat cereal every day, and other carbs, and I'm trying (unsuccessfully mostly) to *gain* weight, so you can't generalise with these things...

smiley - ufo

False Advertising

Post 85

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

That's true about not generalizing. Metabolisms can vary widely, especially when you factor in thyroid factors. Plus, allergies and medications and other sensitivities play havoc with what foods you can choose from. smiley - sadface

Then there's balance. It's hard to know what the right balance is, even if you can eat just about anything. My breakfasts used to be almost all carbs. Now they're more nearly balanced.

Activity levels vary. An Olympic athlete in training needs vast numbers of calories just to maintain a lean physique. A couch potato needs far fewer. Our 19th Century ancestors were mostly farmers who did a lot of physical labor during the growing season and the harvest period. Then, in Winter, there was a lot less to do.

If you work like a field hand, you can eat like a field hand.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more