A Conversation for Ask h2g2

A guide to H2G2

Post 61

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Bah! Stupid Comms tech ban in Prisons!

A guide to H2G2

Post 62

Interestman-ing happy!

Eh yeah i'm still here, but i'm OR going to faint, or to die from laughter. Btw, I know a good site motto: Stultissime sed non Periculose (crazy, but not dangerous).

A guide to H2G2

Post 63

Effers;England.

What's your opinion of Barlesque Interestman?

A guide to H2G2

Post 64

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - bigeyes

I'm not crazy smiley - smiley I am a hippo smiley - zen

A guide to H2G2

Post 65

Nova Rift

A happy hippo to be exact smiley - tongueout

So where is the closest entry to help protest the return of hootoo? I miss the old days of RPness and chaos!

A guide to H2G2

Post 66

Rod

Phew! So you weren't frightened away.

Consider yourself in. Well in. Well come.

A guide to H2G2

Post 67

Interestman-ing happy!

Opinion? I'm here for barely a month...

A guide to H2G2

Post 68

Interestman-ing happy!

Well, I was considering to call an online psych. He could do excellent work here. I'm going crazy.

A guide to H2G2

Post 69

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I don't blame you for going crazy because of Barlesque... smiley - winkeye

A guide to H2G2

Post 70

Interestman-ing happy!

Finally someone who understands me smiley - winkeye

A guide to H2G2

Post 71

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

We could need your experience for finding out what to do better in the future. So what are/were your main problems with h2g2 so far? smiley - smiley

A guide to H2G2

Post 72

The Twiggster

This is a serious point, Interestman.

This site is in a transitional phase at the moment, and you could (if you like) be a key person in what happens next. The insight of a new user, if you're willing to share it, could be extremely helpful to those who take over the site from the BBC.

A guide to H2G2

Post 73

Interestman-ing happy!

Well, the layout is nice, as said yet, but I consider it to be messy. Sometimes I have to look around for a few min to find something. Also, I get alot of 404's.

A guide to H2G2

Post 74

The Twiggster

A lot of 404s? Really? I hardly ever get those...

404s on internal links? (i.e. ones that start with bbc.co.uk?) Or external ones?

If you get a 404 on an internal link, it would be helpful if you started a journal entry and posted the urls of links that didn't work.

A guide to H2G2

Post 75

Nova Rift

Interestman do me a favour. Go to preferences and select Alabaster or one of the other skins and see if that helps with the errors. I haven't had any 404s or #39s and I am on Alabaster. I have been hearing barlesque is very broken and glitchy. (Plus Alabaster is Pure Beauty! As stated on My Space :D)

But what do I know, I am technically as new as you as I haven't been here for 5 years xD

A guide to H2G2

Post 76

Z

404 errors only seem to happen with the 'new h2g2' the one you get when you type

www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2

The old site is far far more stable

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2 you get less 404 errors on there.

The opinion of new users is really important - as we're in transition we're going to need it...

A guide to H2G2

Post 77

Nova Rift

My opinion (because account wise I fall into "New Users") Go back to the old site! Do away with the corporate takeover shenanigans and let the users run things like they did before! DA would be mad!

And I will even make forms signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

And even suffer through Vogon Poetry to get it back!

A guide to H2G2

Post 78

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

But how do you *really* feel, Nova?

smiley - silly

A guide to H2G2

Post 79

Nova Rift

smiley - coolsmiley - teasmiley - cake

I can't say I will get deleted

smiley - laughsmiley - cheers

A guide to H2G2

Post 80

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - erm