A Conversation for Ask h2g2

A guide to H2G2

Post 41

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - droolsmiley - drool *re-faints*

A guide to H2G2

Post 42

Rod

Reckon you've got all you need by now, Interestman.

Interestman?
Interestman!

Are you there, Interestman?

A guide to H2G2

Post 43

The Twiggster

"Don't for get to include the darker side of the site : [...] Justin the Preacher, Lord Wolfden"

Justin the Preacher wasn't a darker side. He was/is a comedy character.

I've heard Lord Wolfden mentioned, but never really known anything about him or what happened in that regard. Felt a bit left out of that one, tbh. Any clues?

A guide to H2G2

Post 44

Effers;England.

Lord Wolfden's finest hour was when he started the thread on Ask, 'Where do you buy your milk from?'

I never understood the massive problem people had with him. He would post vast amounts of trivia all of a sudden in various places. But I never had the impression that he was in any way nasty. Pretty annoying but basically harmless. I found him quite funny.

He died about a year ago I think. He was severely physically disabled in some way..

A guide to H2G2

Post 45

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

"He died about a year ago I think. He was severely physically disabled in some way.. "

Yes, and Yes. Someone on site was really upset when others made light of it once they found out, as they liked him.

A guide to H2G2

Post 46

Oh, and for an example of his inane, irritating, style, I think ther was a thread called 'three words only', or something like, in Ask, where you had to post in three words what was on your mind / what you were doing. He'd hijack it by posting a monologue in dozens of posts, each containing three words.

A guide to H2G2

Post 47

ther? Muppet! there.

A guide to H2G2

Post 48

"Quick! Get this man a smiley - pggb and a small donkey!"

Are you sure he wouldn't prefer a large ass? smiley - angel

A guide to H2G2

Post 49

Effers;England.

I vaguely remember Mr. D saying something a bit unkind about him. I felt cross..and I explained about his disability and death...I'd learnt that from something Lil posted a few months previously. I know that all sounds rather muddled.

A guide to H2G2

Post 50

Effers;England.

I suppose different people's behaviour annoy us to different degrees. But I'm always much more forgiving if I think someone isn't calculatingly being annoying...or deliberately playing games. I don't think he was.

A guide to H2G2

Post 51

Z

Before Lord Wolfden there was LeKZ. Anyone remember her?

A guide to H2G2

Post 52

D'oh! I quoted Lexx in the current 'History of Hootoo' thread. Shows I was too late to be there.

I was the second man on the balcony though! smiley - tongueincheek

A guide to H2G2

Post 53

Before anyone asks, that's a fishing trip.

Yes Taff, I'm looking at you. smiley - bigeyes

A guide to H2G2

Post 54

Taff Agent of kaos

?????smiley - huh

what are you on about??

smiley - bat

A guide to H2G2

Post 55

I just suspect there's a justified Rumour you're on the ARmy SErvice. There's a number of almost identical threads.

A guide to H2G2

Post 56

Taff Agent of kaos

you think i'm on the ARSE???

WTF???

smiley - bat

A guide to H2G2

Post 57

No. ARRSE. The Website. There's someone on there who posts in a similar style to you.

With more swearing, as they have a more robust tolerance of rude words.

Apologies if it's someone else.

A guide to H2G2

Post 58

Taff Agent of kaos

not me

can only get bbc here at work as far as i know

whats the address???

if its a gov. site i might be able to get on???

might be worth it for when h2g2 goessmiley - tits up!!!

smiley - bat

A guide to H2G2

Post 59

No. It's a .co.uk site. Well worth looking out though. I've just been looking on it, and my favourite thread started yesterday is the "ideal fantasy celebrity aircraft crash" thread. Some of the selections are cracking me up. If you can get a phone that can access the internet from work, which you can use at work, (probably not), it's ideal for passing the hours 'til you're free.

A guide to H2G2

Post 60

Taff Agent of kaos

no, no phones, verbotensmiley - skull

smiley - bat

Key: Complain about this post