A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Twitter

Post 1

Guitartisan

There does not seem to be any entries for seemingly ubiquitous networking site and so far I have failed to find any use of it. Does anyone here use it and if so maybe you can write an entry?

Twitter

Post 2

Icy North

Hi ARtisan. I had already replied to your h2g2 feedback thread. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F615?thread=6929425#pi3

Twitter

Post 3

Icy North

( whoops - non Alabaster version here: F615?thread=6929425#pi3 )

Twitter

Post 4

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Alabaster!!! smiley - headhurts

Twitter

Post 5

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Came up in lovely Goo for me smiley - erm

smiley - silly

Twitter

Post 6

almaak - the Reincarnation

I do, from time to time. It's no use, really, apart from the fun of writing totally meaningless status messages. At least that's what I do. smiley - cheers Well suited for haiku, as well. smiley - rofl

Some people, take it rather seriously, though, I suppose. I can't remember how I found this girl I follow, but I can remember the first time I went through her messages. She had just had an an abortion, so she was totally upset about it and some details were on the net, in form of status messages. smiley - erm

Twitter

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Its quite useful for bacon related purposes, on the more frivelous end of things.

More sensibably I get updated by my local newspaper on:
. weather for my area,
. new jobs coming up,
. general local news,

Plus the BBC news twitter is good.

Also signed up to accounts of a lot of businesses that I use frequently so I can be kept abrest of when new updates are out for hardware/software, or when say the new seasons range of clothes are out, or when they're sales etc start.

Also signed up to a few science related ones which are handy to keep uptodate of the world of research without having to trawl through six hundred individual journal web-sites each day...

Plus several other entirley job related twitter accounts which are off-shoots of particular job web-sites that otherwise again I'd have to constantly scour for any new jobs smiley - zen

But, its mainly about the bacon...

Twitter

Post 8

Beatrice

I do have to say, 2legs' bacon-inspired tweets are often the highlight of my day.

Twitter

Post 9

Guitartisan

Bacon I like, we had smoked bacon with courgettes and tomatoes last night but I've never seen any bacon related stuff on there.

My point is - is that I have had more Twitter related replies and input from H2G2 in the last 2hours than I have had from Twitter in two months!

The three bullet points that keep in you touch sound useful but I have not even managed to find people in my tribe as yet and there does not seem to be anyone in my country let alone area to follow or speak to.

When you say signed up to accounts is this the "Tweet" button I am beginning to see everywhere?

I also like soya sauce and miso.smiley - smiley

Twitter

Post 10

almaak - the Reincarnation

besides, Michael Jordan and Will Smith don't answer their messages. why should I follow them. smiley - erm

Twitter

Post 11

GarudaJones

There are, of course, some very famous and worthwhile tweeters, not least the most recent voice of the book himself, Stepehn Fry, who's a vociferous advocate of all things web 2.0 and technological. His links to various photo sharing sites are especially illuminating.
smiley - biggrin

Twitter

Post 12

GarudaJones

oops, that's STEPHEN Fry of coursesmiley - blush

Twitter

Post 13

Beatrice

Mrs Stephen Fry is funnier though smiley - winkeye

Twitter

Post 14

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

No edit button for you Jones? You must be an imposter! Burn him!!smiley - skullsmiley - winkeye

Twitter

Post 15

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Twitter's had one huge benefit: it's brilliant for activism. Rallies and protests can be organised and publicised in hours, live updates can be posted from the thick of it with previously unheard of ease and sneaky little dealings can be brought to the attention of the tuned-in masses quickly.

The only real problem with it is somebody spamming the place with their bacon updates.

smiley - run

Twitter

Post 16

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

<>

You need to go on more bacon related rallies thensmiley - tongueout

Twitter

Post 17

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snork

So, I take it neither of you were at the Bridlington Bacon Baracade march/protest two weekends ago? shame on you... smiley - evilgrinsmiley - flyingpig

Twitter

Post 18

Beatrice

Ha! I tweeted at and got a reply from Stuart Maconie last night smiley - smiley

Twitter

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

Should I know him? smiley - bigeyes

Twitter

Post 20

Beatrice

Radio 2 DJ.

He'd done an impressive walk along Hadrian's wall last week, and used Twitter to send updates and pictures from along the route, which was a brilliant use of the medium. Hang on, I'll find a link.

Key: Complain about this post