A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1581

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

(I meant 'on' every film) smiley - grr

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1582

A Super Furry Animal

I liked some of the Orange ones - especially the Snoop Dogg one ("Housies" smiley - rofl).

Today, I saw a cab drive past with the following message:

"Take a Benylin day"

benylin is something you take for a cough, supposedly to make it feel better. So, what was this saying to me? "Have a cough day"? No thanks. Or is it saying "have a sick day"? But Benylin is supposed to make you feel better, not sick. I'm confused.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1583

Bright Blue Shorts

I could probably watch the Darth Vader Orange ad over and over again ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGNStnftD4

Have to say I think they're cleverly conceived ads and pleased that Orange were willing to put a potshot at themselves.

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1584

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

Yeah, I have to admit that one was probably the best of them.
So I'm sat at the cinema today and see three commercials for video games that look like movies, one of which is a game of the movie (Bond),
followed by a trailer for a Max Payne movie which used to be a video game.
If this blurring of the boundaries goes on I'll end up taking my controller to the cinema to see if I can affect the action.
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1585

HAHA! I'll go to the same time showing at a different cinema and we can network smiley - smiley

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1586

Make sure we have the same controller.
360 or PS3?
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1587

I'm sony's bitch I'm afraid.

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1588

No problemo, I'm a sony slave too.
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1589

smiley - ok

Can we play Pain while we wait?

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1590

fords - number 1 all over heaven

"360 or PS3?"

Neither. I've got a Wii smiley - biggrin

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1591

The Wii is ok. I'd like to play sims one-handed from my armchair on a wii. But that's because I'd like to be able to eat or drink with the other hand while I play... Sims is slow like that smiley - smiley

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1592

I've played bowling on the Wii, aching shoulder for days afterwards.
I don't want pretty anyway, I want games that scare the sh*t out of me at times.
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1593

Researcher 815350

I'm sorry for this one, but...

The benefits cheat advert. "You could end-up with a criminal record. Or a prison sentence."

And that is a threat because?

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1594

I know...

Perhaps helping people bridge the gap between working and being on benefits (i.e. single mums who wish to look after their children and therefore live on bare minimum and often end up doing part time cash in hand work in order to provide for small luxuries. Like birthday presents and a night out once every couple of months.) could help?

Threats like that wont help with hardcore benefit 'lifers', it just puts a lot of pressure on normal people who are doing what they can and often end up topping up with little jobs here and there like cleaning people's houses.

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1595

Bright Blue Shorts

"The benefits cheat advert. "You could end-up with a criminal record. Or a prison sentence."

And that is a threat because?"

Given the general bureaucratic incompetence of many government agencies ... do you think the authorities would even spot if people in prison were still collecting benefits?

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1596

Given their incompetence I dare say they have probably lost the records on a train by now.
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1597

Researcher 815350

>>> "Given the general bureaucratic incompetence of many government agencies ... do you think the authorities would even spot if people in prison were still collecting benefits?" <<<

No. Infact it's been reported that there are cases of peoiple on Income Support wilst in prison. True their ability to go to work has been reduced, but bloody hell!

And should these people end-up with a criminal record and it prevents them from getting a job, they end-up back in the system.

Plus, I thought the prisons are full anyway.

The whole *scary* nature of the advert is a joke.

It's just a waste of money to make the Daily Mail* readers think the system is working.

*Not all D.M. readers are tossers, but y'know. smiley - winkeye

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1598

It may be true but I wouldn't let my daughter marry a D.M. reader.
smiley - vampire

Du pain, du vin etc.

Post 1599

Another day at the cinema and the same ole adverts, five computer games today, making mesmiley - drool
plus that irritating ad for the Chris Moyle show that was just about bearable the first time.
Red Pepper, please throttle them!

Liked the Japanese type ad for some sports wear(I think).
That was a bit unusual.
smiley - vampire

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 1600

invisibleknight

Ok, its been a while since I contributed to this thread but here's a few thoughts.
Why are ALL adverts for probiotic or bifidus digestivum yoghurts or snacks only EVER feature women? Don't advertisers think men care about that kind of thing then?

Also theres an advert around at the moment for electric toothbrushes that makes a ridiculous claim that a manual toothbrush will only clean 25% of your mouth. Call me effing stupid but isn't it fairly obvious to even the most braindead that your teeth only make up 25% of your mouth.
So a manual toothbrushg is actually doing 100% of the job and their ad for electric ones is incredibly stupid.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more