A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Jesus is coming back. Get ready!

Post 3161

anhaga

warner:

'Well, even if I don't know what I'm talking about, Almighty God knows EVERYTHING. I don't pretend to know everything,'

no, you don't pretend to know everything. But you *do* pretend to know that 'Almighty God knows EVERYTHING'. How do you *know* this about God? smiley - erm

Jésus is coming back. Get randy!

Post 3162

docsharp

Taff, excuse me but I think you are putting words in my mouth. I mentioned nothing of any punishment for not believing in anything, although if you don't believe in anything then you'll more than likely screw up. For example if you believed absolutely nothing, like not believing that having a good job will bring you money and let you do what you want within reason, then you might have a few problems.

Hell is a state of mind, as those on here with Bipolar know only too well, I don't have a clue why people still get this but I have been told that it feels like hell. Those good doctors that have endeavored to find cures are like flipping angels too but there are those that are just out to maximize profit.

People are entitled to believe whatever they want, Polytheism however causes arguments. Don't believe me, you believe one or more things about me, you believe things about me which are downed right wrong, some of 'em are right. Hey the world would be boring though if we had no differences of opinion at all.

Post 3163

anhaga

'if you don't believe in anything then you'll more than likely screw up. For example if you believed absolutely nothing, like not believing that having a good job will bring you money and let you do what you want within reason, then you might have a few problems.'

you're conflating 'belief' in the religious sense with 'reasonable expectation'. Surely you don't really equate such reasonable expectations with religious Faith. Reasonable expectations can be tested in the real world -- Faith cannot be.smiley - erm

Post 3164

docsharp

anhaga,

If you have faith then to you it is a reasonable expectation I'm conflating and you are splitting hairs. I am trying to explain something by simile etc. splitting hairs doesn't help or even observing that.

Post 3165

anhaga

'If you have faith then to you it is a reasonable expectation'

bedknobs and broomsticks.

What you're saying is that if I don't know what you mean, I can't know what you mean and, if I don't know what you mean, you can't explain it to me or teach me what you mean. In other words, there's no possibility of communication unless there is no need for communication. There is no conversation.

Post 3166

Effers;England.

>I don't have a clue why people still get this < docsharp

It appears to have a complex genetic basis but environmental factors can play a part in the way the genes are expressed.

>Those good doctors that have endeavored to find cures are like flipping angels too but there are those that are just out to maximize profit.< docsharp

I don't see the reason for painting doctors as either 'angels' or 'devils'; I think of them as ordinary human beings doing their jobs as best they can. Some are better than others.

But I don't understand what the relevance is to the discussion here.

Maybe you could explain more why you have brought this up.

Jesus is coming back. It could be sooner than you think!

Post 3167

warner - a new era of cooperation

anhaga smiley - smiley
>>There is no conversation.<<
Yes, it's quite simple!

Peace be with those who follow Divine guidance.

Post 3168

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

There is no god! God is a human creation. Please understand this very basic fact.

Post 3169

anhaga

warner:

'Yes, it's quite simple!'

If you're satisfied with that, good luck to you.smiley - smiley

I'm not, however, convinced that there is any semantic content when there is no possibility of communicating that postulated content.smiley - erm

Post 3170

Effers;England.

Mary had a little lamb
Its fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went
The lamb was sure to go.

Post 3171

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Mary had a little lamb.

The obstetrician fainted.

Post 3172

docsharp

Clive,
smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 3173

Tumsup

Mary had a little lamb.

The obstetrician fainted.

The sister checked the waiting room,

And sure enough, a ram.
smiley - biggrin

Post 3174

anhaga

ignoring the Mary, the lamb, and the ram, for a moment . . .

supplementary to my last post warner, I had a teacher in grade 2 or so who told the class that if we were unable to put something into our own words, we didn't really understand it. To this day, I think he was correct.

Do what you will with that elementary school lesson.smiley - smiley

Post 3175

Awwww. smiley - sadface

smiley - blacksheep Baaaaa!

smiley - shhh

Post 3176

warner - a new era of cooperation

>>Do what you will with that elementary school lesson.<<
Do what you will with THIS elementary lesson.
Without conversation or dialogue, the world war that we are on the brink of, will not be stopped.

There will be much bloodshed and destruction. It's not nice being a forseer of doom, but laughing and joking without speaking what I believe to be the truth would be dishonest.

Peace be with those who follow Divine guidance.

Post 3177

World war?

Post 3178

Effers;England.

>It's not nice being a forseer of doom,<

No but you make yourself look a pretty silly laughing stock on a site like h2g2.

Post 3179

Noggin the Nog

<>

Don't know about being on the brink of a world war, but conversation and dialogue are certainly ok by me. What I don't understand is why you won't engage in them at an adult level.

Noggin

Post 3180

docsharp

Effers, response to 3166

I brought up the point of Hell or the nearest approximation as it has been described to me. Taff said that I'd said if you don't believe then you are condemned to the all consuming fires of hell.

By mentioning the fact that I don't know why this occurs, I was trying to preempt the reasonably expected response of so you think that people who get it are sinners? and I don't so I said that. I was half expecting someone to give an explanation, we expect it's partly down to environmental factors to with sz too.

And the bit about angels was expressing that I don't consider all the doctors to be out to get me, with sz we assume everyone is out to get us sometimes. Of course they are normal people but then you must get that the term angels is used to describe people and their actions not just some spirit person with wings.

Hope that's OK. When I get my mouse back off my son I might be able to cut and paste.

Key: Complain about this post