A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 621

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

"can you make some kind of...rudimentary lathe?"

smiley - rofl

Brad Pitt is Death - can't say that film ever really interested me all that much. I'd like to see someone film Discorld: Reaper Man however.

smiley - popcorn

Post 622

flakey-lady.... you lookin' at me punk?

clive the flying etc.....maybe the aliens referral is pertaining to the kick arse action from the girls....you know being in the nest of them...other than that i dunno.....

just watched million dollar baby...smiley - wahsmiley - wahsmiley - wah
but brilliant also...whats happened to clints voice???sounds like he smokes a 100 marlboro a day......

Post 623

Don't see that myself. smiley - erm

The only shot that reminded me of Aliens apart from the crawling on the walls) was a shot that panned up to a crawler clinging to the roof suspended above the cavers which reminded me a bit of a scene (possibly involving Pete Postlethwaite) in Alien 3.

Post 624

yep that could be it...but don't they know the creeper is always ABOVE YOU...oohh goosebumps....have you any feedback on the new amityville or white noise oh and the machinist i nearly got it out tonight but someone said it was slow and weird..but l liked the idea of it...should i have chanced it?

Post 625

Machinst. Picked that up and put it down again last week. It's on my "one to watch list" - the box blurb made it sound disturbing and interesting. I'm interested mainly because I heard it remarked how dramatically Christian Bale shed weight then gained bulk between his skeletal Machinest performance and doing a turn as The Dark Knight cavorting around Gotham City in Batman Begins.

Oh final thought on Descent:

****SPOILERS****

It's all psychological. There are no crawlers. Sarah goes mad and butchers *Everyone*. Any sequence featuring Juno as atagnoist is a delusional fantasy. The 100 year old crimpons, however, are real. Once everyone apart from her and Juno is dead, Sarah finally kills Juno for the affair with her husband. Driven utterly mad by the grief and loss , Sarah becomes trapped in another fantasy of escaping her own hell, she is instead plagued by visions of those she has killed (Juno) This deepens her psychosis sufficently to render her insensible. Trapped underground, she dies. A literal descent in every sense.

Any takers?

****SPOILERS****

Post 626

Baconlefeets

When I read the word "Spoilers" I have to read it. Whether I want to or not. I would be cross with myself, but have already read that it wasn't all that anyway.

Post 627

***AVERT YOUR EYES NOW: POSSIBLE DANGER, DEATH & PERIL****

(any better?)

I personally prefer the storyline where the crawlers are unexplained and real, however I also like the idea of the escape fantasy finally driving Sarah off the rails. P.S The above version was not of my own creation, I can't remember where I read it now but I was sufficiently impressed that I felt I ought to pass it on purely as an alternative (if flawed) reading of an outstanding horror movie.

*****YOU'LL GO BLIND.********

Post 628

so someone said it was all in her head and the crawlers didn't exist... but to butcher 5 other women..i can understand butchering juno for the affair...but not the others....

Post 629

Leave No Wittnesses smiley - winkeye

Post 630

no no...don't mess with my fragile mind...there were crawlers..i seen emsmiley - biggrin

Post 631

Terliwig Renfrew Hidalgo worship mina here A39119024 go on you know you want to

hi is begining to sound like the sixth sence

Post 632

Serephina

SPOILERS AGAIN!
---------------

Saw the descent this afternoon and really liked it! jumped out of my seat a few times n Ged was holding onto me like a big girl smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh
I'm not sure about the monsters being purely psychological though whether she really did kill juno or it was part of the escape delusion i dont know! good movie anyway especially as it leaves you with plenty to think about ..and yes the claustrophobia was damn scary!

Post 633

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Flight of the Pheonix and half of The Aviator on DVD

Post 634

Which half? smiley - winkeye

Post 635

Baconlefeets

I watched The Poltergeist 2 that I borrowed from someone about a month ago.

And I just tried to find out about the "curse" of the Poltergeist, so did a search for a guide entry about it and got something about Fahrenheit 9/11smiley - weird

Post 636

I'm sure that the girl in it died shortly after the third one was made.

It always amazes me just a little that The original Poltergeist is a Spielberg movie - albeit filmed by Tobe "TCM" Hooper.

Post 637

Heather O'Rourke (Carol Anne)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001576/bio

Post 638

First half of The Aviator UPto where he goes nuts

Post 639

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

...and then you fell asleep?

Post 640

No turned it off as was watching it in bed this morning and my carer came to get me up I will watch the rest in the morning.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more