A Conversation for Ask h2g2

secret army theme music

Post 1

motsbarn

can anyone please help locate bbc's "Secret Army" Theme music as it seems to be impossible to purchase anywhere, and it is one of the more powerful soundtracks to an equally powerful drama that should not be forgotten.

Many thanks

Motsbarn

secret army theme music

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"Try [<./>search</.>] instead of the categorisation?

perhaps a better place for a dialog: < <./>AskH2G2</.> >"

secret army theme music

Post 3

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Sorry can't help with the theme, but there is a good EG entry at A765083 on it.

A well known internet auction site does have dvds and vids of it for sale (which will obviously have the music on, but does not at this time have the music listed by itself).

As Traveller says, <./>askh2g2</.> is always a good place to enquire as many researchers visit that page.

Has it ever been released as a seperate format to the programme? Might be worth checking with the Beeb.

Good luck in your search

Mort

secret army theme music

Post 4

GreyDesk

If it's any help, the composer was Robert Farnon - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006067/smiley - ok

secret army theme music

Post 5

Traveller in Time smiley - tit searching the Beeb for secret armies
"The Edited Entry 'The Secret Army - The TV show' by 'Whoami' suggests there is a record about it.

And 'Jimster' has found a DVD with the series!

Can not find a direct hit to the theme music on the BBC, but I have no Idea what I am looking for smiley - biggrin"

secret army theme music

Post 6

motsbarn

Thanks all for your help. It seems that Secret Army Theme tune is to remain as its title suggests, "A Secret!"smiley - ok

secret army theme music

Post 7

Smij - Formerly Jimster

That was my entry, Traveller, not Whoami's smiley - smiley

I do mention the music in my entry - it's 'Wall of Fear', a stock track originally written by Robert Farnham - as well as the album of 'Songs from the Candide'. Take a look at: A765083

Jimster

secret army theme music

Post 8

Traveller in Time smiley - tit first read, than wrote
"Excuse me, wrong line. (Wrong Forum too?)"

secret army theme music

Post 9

elmo66

Try www.tellytunes.com - I have found the entry and emailed to see if they can help - will let you know in due course

Thread Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'h2g2 Feedback' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Key: Complain about this post