A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Random Thoughts

Post 41

Ryochan

Just a bag...

Random Thoughts

Post 42

A Super Furry Animal

If an insurance company refuses to pay out for the damage to your house after an "act of god", would it help to point out that you are, in fact, an atheist?

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Random Thoughts

Post 43

Baconlefeets

Are they my birthday socks?

Random Thoughts

Post 44

Pinky

No they're mine !!! Oh seen how it's your birthday then ,you can have them x

Random Thoughts

Post 45

Pinky

Anything for a bit of peace and quiet x

Random Thoughts

Post 46

Random person

"if the little black box thingy always survives the plane crash, then why don't they make the entire airplane out of the same stuff they use to make the little black box thingy"

Because the black box is made of titanium. If you made planes of titanium rather than aluminium they would never get off the ground. Read p123 of (the panmacmillan edition of) The Salmon of Doubt. (also read the rest of it).

Random Thoughts

Post 47

Random person

Sorry to ruin the mood but

"Extreme weather events are called 'acts of god'. They should really be called 'acts of the devil' because they are evil and result in death"

Are there any Bible stories about the devil flooding the earth and killing the majority of the population?

er ... random thought ...

Why is there only one monopolies comission?

Random Thoughts

Post 48

Fathom

"If you made planes of titanium rather than aluminium they would never get off the ground."

Well, they'd be less likely to crash then wouldn't they?

F

Random Thoughts

Post 49

The Groob

For a few years I've been thinking about a Venga Boys song called "My uncle John from Jamaica". Now, is this an innocent song about her cuddly uncle from Jamaica or is it actaully alluding to something more sinister such as drugs?

Random Thoughts

Post 50

Fathom

We've been wondering what you were thinking, Spinks. Now we know. smiley - laugh

F

Random Thoughts

Post 51

The Groob

smiley - rofl You cheeky booger!

When I saw a new post I thought someone was gonna put me out of my misery. How much longer will this misery go on!?

Random Thoughts

Post 52

Baconlefeets

smiley - musicalnote Flaunt your Flants like you flaunt your pantssmiley - whistle

Random Thoughts

Post 53

The Groob

In 1978 I really wanted to see 'The Swarm'. My gran saw how much I wanted to see it so she promised to take me the next day. When we got to the cinema the run had ended. Yesterday - 26 years later - I finally got to see The Swarm. It was awful. Absolutely awful. Its awfulness reached Ed Wood proportions.

Random Thoughts

Post 54

Pinky

Mmmmmmmmm this thread hasn't been used for ages Just a thought !

Random Thoughts

Post 55

Madbeachcomber, I've done my spring cleaning, does that make me sad?

Shall I have hot milk or cold milk on my weetabix..........will my goldfish ever stop growing, shall I buy him a new tank, or will he just grow bigger still to fit it........how many weetabix shall I have.....

Random Thoughts

Post 56

The Groob

The Craft Channel was on this morning in the background. Just as I was leaving I heard the presenter say portentously "the butterfly is the symbol of creativity". I've been thinking about that all day.

Q) Why is the butterfly the symbol of creativity?

A) It starts out as nothing spectacular and this metamorphs into a brightly colourled butterfly.

But by this reasoning the symbol of creativity is also....the Incredible Hulk. So, from now on if anyone happens to ask me "Hey, what's the symbol of creativity?" I'll be replying that it's the Incredible Hulk.

Random Thoughts

Post 57

Baconlefeets

ergh sock fluff

Random Thoughts

Post 58

A Super Furry Animal

My wine glass is empty, and the bottle is downstairs.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Random Thoughts

Post 59

Baconlefeets

Toe's a bit bendy today

Random Thoughts

Post 60

IctoanAWEWawi

"If you made planes of titanium rather than aluminium they would never get off the ground. "
Someone better tell the USAF about that then, being as the harrier replacement uses a titanium bulkhead and panels.
One of the main reasons it isn;t used is that it is so damn difficult to machine!
also:
http://www.de.afrl.af.mil/News/2000/00-55.html
"This titanium "belly skin" was formed by joining two 25-foot-long by 5.5-foot-wide panels"

random thought:
"if the world we perceive about us is represented internally by electrical signals, and our contact with that world is represented internally as electrical signals, then since thoughts and concepts and ones imagination are also internal electrical signals, then subjectively the physical world around us has as much 'reality' as the thoughts and concepts within our head."

Key: Complain about this post