A Conversation for Ask h2g2

God exists?

Post 8081

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Oh, oh! (raises hand) 210 and 237! smiley - biggrin

Prediction

Post 8082

Giford

Argument 560 coming to the 'Did Jesus rise...' thread sometime soon...

Gif smiley - geek

Prediction

Post 8083

azahar

Speaking of 'intelligent design' (and Jesus 'rising' for that matter)... smiley - smiley

http://azahar.wordpress.com/2008/02/24/turned-on-jesus/

az

Prediction

Post 8084

Effers;England.

smiley - rofl Brilliant!

Prediction

Post 8085

Tumsup

smiley - laughHe is risen indeed!smiley - laugh

Prediction

Post 8086

airscotia-back by popular demand

Then spake Jesus unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (John 8:12)

Would you like to see my puppies? (Dodgy Fred : Quarter past six last night)

Prediction

Post 8087

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I'd luv to se ya puppies. but I'm gulible and as a non-Christian have no morals whatsoever so I would wouldn't I? smiley - erm

Prediction

Post 8088

azahar

Good reply, airscotia - I've borrowed it to use as a 'caption option' on the blog post. smiley - biggrin

az

Prediction

Post 8089

Giford

Just posted this on another thread, but I think it's probably relevant here too...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article3412734.ece

Gif smiley - geek

Prediction

Post 8090

Slapjack

more important, however, than whether Britons claim to be a member of a church or to have ever gone to a religious service (check the actual wording of the UN report) --

how many Britons have ever tasted haggis?

God exists?

Post 8091

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I recognise several of those. smiley - smiley

God exists?

Post 8092

Eek! That was a 'Post 21'. I recognise several of the godlessgeeks proofs.

God exists?

Post 8093

Giford

Just seen #304 smiley - laugh

Gif smiley - geek

God exists?

Post 8094

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Serious question:

If you were ill and in a hospital bed, how would you react if your doctor knelt at your bedside and began to pray? Obviously there are some caveats here, he doesn't pray aloud but his manner indicates he is trying to contact a higher being. You were not previously aware that this sort of thing might happen and in fact the doctor knows your religious beliefs (or lack of them). Let's say that he thinks you are asleep, if that matters and the two of you are alone.

God exists?

Post 8095

If I'd only gone in with an ingrown toenail, I'd be totally freaked out. smiley - smiley

Seriously - I'd tell him that his behaviour was inappropriate and unprofessional. All though I'd use fewer words than that. And I'd demand a different doctor. One that understood boundaries. I admit it's an odd reaction. Other peoples' superstitions shouldn't matter to me. But all the same.

God exists?

Post 8096

Effers;England.

smiley - erm I'd assume he was mentally ill.

God exists?

Post 8097

anancygirl

Reminded me of the moment after the birth of first offspring, the nice person recording birth info of parents asked for parents religion, my Doc replied Druid, I corrected him with Odinist then we smiled and said none. Nice person did not smile but went away. Humour used to work in the dim dark past....

God exists?

Post 8098

Effers;England.

And before you jump on me Ed smiley - winkeye entirely inappropriate behaviour is a common symptom of various psychoses.

God exists?

Post 8099

smiley - biggrin Yup! And I should know.

God exists?

Post 8100

I did rather object to the nice Methodist chaplain having free access to the neo-natal intensive care unit when if we even stepped a couple of inches away from our children's incubators we were told off in case we were infringing upon another child's privacy.

Key: Complain about this post