A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What tune do you have stuck in your head right now?

Post 181

Odo

smiley - musicalnote Hey Jude, da da de dahhhhh..... smiley - whistle

I blame the whistler outside the library window.

Post 182

~*}Black Angel{*~

smiley - whistle Meet me at the coffee shop, we can dance like.... Iggy Pop... smiley - erm

Post 183

pedro

Lust for Life, also by the Mr Pop. Bit ironic given how I'm feeling though....

Post 184

Pink Paisley

"Oops I did it again."

I ought to explain this. Last night I went to a Richard Thompson gig. (Richard by the was is without doubt, the man).

He played it. He doesn't look as good as Britney Spears but he is certainly THE man.

PP

Post 185

Flora Light

Oh, Britney! smiley - laugh

I have an instrumental thingy bit from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (Someone was playing the CD).

Post 186

Pink Paisley

Still "Oops I did it again" for Christs sake.

PP

Post 187

Lizzbett

"Pump it up" by Elvis Costello and The Attractions

Post 188

jacksprat

it was "Tribute" - tenacious D but now it's the thomas the tank engine themetune as it just appeared from nowhere on the telly.

Post 189

SnowWhite

Thanks to you I now have the theme song from Bewitched(or maybe I dream of Jeanie; I can't remember which is which)in my head. I don't always have a tune in my head though I am very susceptible to suggestion. So you have your own life soundtrack do you? How cool is that? You must be a very calm person.....music soothes the savage beast. What I hate is when you get stuck on a song you can't remember important words to; maybe you can help me; "hello, there it's been awhile.........................(I forget these lines) "I'm not talking bout movin in, and I don't want to change your life, but there's a warm wind blowin the air around, and I'd really like to see you tonight"
Do you remember the missing opening lines and/or the group who sang it? It's a 70's or 80's tune.
ciao!

Post 190

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Opening myself up to ridicule if I'm wrong, which I probably am... is that song by Elton John?

I didn't have anything stuck in my head until I looked in on this thread, and now, yes, it's "Oops, I did it again..." smiley - grr

David

Post 191

A Super Furry Animal

Mambo No. 5. It's used as the tune for the test match coverage on Channel 4, and now it's stuck in my head! smiley - steam

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 192

Why on Earth is *that* being used for the cricket?

DB

Post 193

A Super Furry Animal

Hang on, I'll ask...smiley - tongueout

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 194

smiley - tongueout to you too...

TV soundtrack choices are fairly random aren't they?

D

Post 195

Staypuff ("The next time someone ask's you if you're a god, you say YES!")

I don't know what the song is, I've just got the bass line and it's driving me mad!!!!smiley - wah

Post 196

Lizzbett

Having just read the article on Eurovision 2004 in todays smiley - thepost, I now have "Wild Dances" by Ruslana stuck in my head again.

Post 197

Staypuff ("The next time someone ask's you if you're a god, you say YES!")

Well done, I can't even remember what Wild Dances went like, though for some reason I now have the theme tune to 'Wizbit' stuck in my mind... "hap-ha thisaway, hap-ha thataway, hap-ha thisaway my oh my..."smiley - erm

Post 198

A Super Furry Animal

Never got a reply from the "nice" people at Channel 4 cricket smiley - grr so I don't know why they use Mambo No. 5. Unless they're researching it deeply and are fact-checking as we speak...(I did get a "email read"-type message so I *know* they've seen it)

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 199

Susanne - if it ain't broke, break it!

smiley - musicalnote hello cowgirl in the sand...smiley - musicalnote by Crosby, Stills etc. is stuck in my head right now..

Post 200

jonathanmsn

'Hey mama' by the Black Eyed Peas - a song so cool you could chill your beer with it smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post